Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Viking invasion at Hertford!

We were invaded by nine (friendly) Norwegians yesterday - spent a fortune on admission, souvenirs and beer. Plus, they became sponsors of Pablo Ardiles for the season!

These guys saw our website and decided to come to a game! They flew to Stansted and then hired a narrow boat to come up the Lee to Hertford, just like their forebears 1,200 years ago! No pillage and rape though (well, not at our ground anyway).

vikings.jpg

Horace - A great post and pic, did they just simply choose your game at random then. It's a shame Paula didn't know they were coming over as I'm sure she would have dropped everything, did Manic meet them.

Originally Posted By: Horace
We were invaded by nine (friendly) Norwegians yesterday - spent a fortune on admission, souvenirs and beer. Plus, they became sponsors of Pablo Ardiles for the season!

These guys saw our website and decided to come to a game! They flew to Stansted and then hired a narrow boat to come up the Lee to Hertford, just like their forebears 1,200 years ago! No pillage though (well, not at our ground anyway).

vikings.jpg

Does that happen at ANY ground??
The postcode of any such grounds would be good (Sat Nav will find them)

No Cec, they scan the websites. Brilliant stuff and I'm sure it was a laugh seeing that mob turn up. We had a solitary German 'hopper' who flew over for our FA Cup game with Concord Rangers the other Sunday. I think he wanted to volunteer to go out to get something, but I told him we had meat here in the building, so not necessary. Chirpy sort of chappie, but on your own seems a bit weird, in a beer group as the above then probably a good laugh.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Horace - A great post and pic, did they just simply choose your game at random then. It's a shame Paula didn't know they were coming over as I'm sure she would have dropped everything, did Manic meet them.

It wasn't quite at random. I suspect it was linked to their narrow boat escapade up the Lea.

Originally Posted By: HTFCew
No pillage and rape though (well, not at our ground anyway).

Wait 'til you see the pic of them with the manager's wife!

I saw them lift her up - did you get a pic?

No pillage and rape though (well, not at our ground anyway)

This also initiated my comment about Paula earlier but she hasn't bitten, yet

How was the Police concert yesterday, had you been to Twickenham before.

Originally Posted By: HTFCew
No pillage and rape though (well, not at our ground anyway).

Wait 'til you see the pic of them with the manager's wife!
Or better still you should have came into the clubhouse after the game, yes Rhodes I did meet them and when I lived in the North East I met Norwegians on a daily basis, they come to Newcastle in the hundreds every day via ferry to shop there.

Yes that's why I asked if you were around, I bet it was like the day you won 9-0 at Coles Park in terms of the drink you consumed. Don't worry I note from the picture that there were no buxom females in their party!

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
How was the Police concert yesterday, had you been to Twickenham before.

The Police concert was 'wicked'. Pain in the ass getting home (they closed the undeground due to overcrowding) but otherwise a good afternoon and evening.

Yes went to Twickenham a few years ago for an England v All Blacks rugger match.

Yes I drank lots yesterday 2 cans of Coke, I don't drink alcohol anymore never drank 4 about 5 month's because of health reasons.

Oh yes plenty of buxom females were there but they were more interested in the Norwegians & I was more interested in the England game and keeping an eye on my Daughters.

Originally Posted By: manics
I was more interested in the England game and keeping an eye on my Daughters

I thought you were going to say 'keeping an eye on Toto Tamuz'. So what time were you in the bar till then, the Norwegians must have drunk the place dry.

Once again you have managed to hijack an innocent thread and turn it to one of your pet topics! No-one else on here (except perhaps Lato) is remotely interested in a bit part player in a poor side. Please get back on topic, which is Norwegians visiting Hertford Town!

Keep your hair on, I genuinely thought that's what Manics was going to say