Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Ware move to Essex, good news for Hertford fans!

Ware have had to switch their home league match tomorrow night due to problems with the floodlights at Woodson Park.

The 'home' match is now being played at Witham Town's ground in Essex, it seems a bit of a trek for fans of Ware.

Could they not have used another club based in Herts ground, I am sure that Hertford Town would have been more then happy to oblige!

From Ware's website...

News

Tomorrow's night game moved to Witham Town FC

rd, 20 August 2007 16:41

Due to an unforseen problem with the floodlights at Wodson Park tomorrow night's game with Waltham Abbey will be played at Witham Town F.C.

The club would like to apologise to the supporters for this late change of venue

I find this incredible! This is what you get in the "big time" = why not postpone it, or switch it to Waltham abbey? Using Witham as a home venue is ridiculous.

They couldn't play the game at Hertford because the ground doesn't have an "E" grading.

I thought you would be interestd in the story Horace.

There must be other grounds in Hertfordshire that have the E grading. How about Bwood, they were playing away tonight so I take it their ground wont be in use tomorrow night.

Couldn't agree more - although I didn't understand your point about not being able to raise a team if you were expecting to play at Ware tomorrow.

Horace whlist looking for posts re this subject on the Ware forum, I found an old thread re Edgware, when it was first announced we may have to fold.

Some bright spark thought it was funny to say promote Hertford as its a guranteed 6pts!

Your views?

Originally Posted By: abbeynut
players are working and gear up to meet at certain times, now they have to meet earlier which means requesting more time off work or leaving jobs earlier......more notice is needed to be reasonable

Fair comment - I still can't believe the league have made you do this!

Originally Posted By: Gavin
Horace whlist looking for posts re this subject on the Ware forum, I found an old thread re Edgware, when it was first announced we may have to fold.

Some bright spark thought it was funny to say promote Hertford as its a guranteed 6pts!

Your views?

The people who post on there truly destest Hertford Town. There are equally some Hertford fans who detest Ware! An opportunity for him to eat his words will occur in December, when it's Ware v Hertford in the semi-final of the Herts Charity Cup.

Word is that, whilst Ware had two bulbs out, but an out-of-date Lux Certificate, Witham had FIVE bulbs out, but presumably an up to date Lux Certificate. Is the world going mad?