Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Todays game

chris blanc

Jim, I can assure that something was said to some of the individuals concerned.

As for your other comments, much as I completely agree with the sentiment of what you are saying, you have just discovered what the real World is like(unfortunately!)

Basically, just because you have known trouble makers in an area there is not an awful lot you can do to get rid of them unless they kick off, it has an awful lot to do with "The Human Rights stuff, (amongst other things,) that others are spouting off about on other threads on this site. That is why that bunch were being monitored and (I believe) filmed as well. I am pretty sure that there were more Police working inside the ground than you were aware of.

Its a real sods law I'm afraid. Do you get rid of the trouble before it starts and infringe someones human rights (even thugs have rights you know!) Or do you wait for innocent people to suffer?

Once again, I am 99% certain these were a group of thugs already banned from Gillingham, so all in all if there was no actual trouble, the Police did a job in containment, as there is no doubt they would have kicked off if they could.

I am on your side BIG TIME on this Jim, and if your ideas could be used, my job would be soooo much easier!

In the light of what has been said above, I obviously accept that the police actions were necessary.

Standing level with the edge of the penalty area that Fleet were attacking, and concentrating on the game, I didnt witness these idiots, and I guess that the majority of the crowd were unaware of their presence (the Woking fans were also querying the lock in on their own board so clearly werent aware of the position).

I also heard that some of the problems were caused by a few so called Gills fans, who had got into the Woking end, it would then appear that as Andy Y has said some people got in at half time and were trying to get to the Woking fans end of the ground., some of the problems kicked off in a local Gsend pub prior to the match, and that possibly some of the people involved were Chelsea fans not Woking, the Genuine Woking fans like us probably do not deserve to be segregated.

Sad to hear about the throat slitting gesture.

surely not a genuine GNFC fan ( hopefully).

Sad because that game was a cracker,another 3 points and six goals.

Hope Jim that you have had time to reflect

and not let 15 minutes madness spoil 15 years enjoyment

With increased crowds and compulsory segregation because of reputations i think the segregation is justified. I cant believe the throat slitting jesture that is sick and ost unwelcome on our terraces, there were 4 of us behind the goal, jumping up and down singing and genereally enjoying the atmosphere created but i didnt see the incident!! pretty shocking though!! I think we may well get more 'hangers on' from other local clubs ie Gills etc that may be a more hardcore type of fan! Agree with everyones comments, the throat slitting is sick! Segregation the majority of the time is uneccessary but most of us wouls stay that end anyway and i fell that most of the time they will segregate rather than put fans together. All in all a cracking game though and time will tell whether these fans come back again in the next few games.

Up the Fleet.

I hope so as well. I think it is because of our recent resurgence and the fact we are more high profile this year than last, it cannot be condonned and i only hope that this is what the police have a tip off about and are dealing with. We are probably the nicest set of fans in the league and to have that tarnished would be a shame, but every team in this league has a trouble maker or two. I supose its best to ignore them.

Quote:
I supose its best to ignore them.

I don't agree Richard it will take them a long time to get bored, if they are causing trouble, we must identify them and ban them.

The sad part is that there has to be an incident before we can do that, and by then our reputation is gone.

Don't you think this has been blown a little out of perportion?

This is the first incident that I have seen in all my days as a Fleet supporter. The messages on here are almost suggesting that this is an organised firm conected to GNFC. How do we know this is the case, and not just a one off incident due to alcohol?

Okay some GNFC supporters may have been seen to be making 'gestures', but do we know the whole story? Were they provoked by Woking supporters or not? As this is the first, and hopefully only incident I suspect this is a storm in a tea cup.

PS, Let not forget what an exciting match this was, and good to see the boys get a much needed 3 points.

Walking towards the main entrance at about 2.50pm a group of half a dozen men aged about 35 to 40ish passed me heading towards the car park entrance coming from The Plough. At least two of them appeared to be under the influence of alcohol from the way they were shouting and calling out. A similar group were very noticeable during the first 20 minutes or so of the game almost behind the Woking goal who were spending most of their time shouting abuse and from time to time gesturing towards Fleet fans . They appeared totally at odds with the majority of the Woking fans. Later in the game when I heard the " Are you Millwall in disguise" chants I realised that the group I had seen fitted perfectly into the stereotype of the older Lions' hooligan element. Did anyone else see them? I assumed at the time that it was this group who were responsible for the decision to hold them back after the end of the game. I didn't see any of the other incident that has been mentioned.

This stuff unfortunately happens and is completely blown out of proprtion.

I don't think innocent supporters would have targeted do you? IF so I would love to know who.

If these types get involved with GNFC then let them as it brings us gate receipts and beer money. Nothing happened and no one innocent would ever be hurt, lets leave it at that.

Besides which no one seems to be interested in GNFC picking up 3 points and scoring 4 goals.

Lets hope that Che stays.

Although the incident(s) described elsewhere above sound a little worrying, I'm certain that with better policing, stewarding and the input of true fans, the club can avoid such situations in the future (hopefully)

Quote:
Besides which no one seems to be interested in GNFC picking up 3 points and scoring 4 goals.

Lets hope that Che stays.

Too true, let's not allow a handful of idjuts ruin the day for the remaining 1200odd who genuinely enjoyed the day and the performance.

Well done Andy Ford for playing five across the back for a period to re-stabilise the defence. Didn't agree with it at first as we appeared to be getting over-run in midfield but Pennock has had such a calming influence on the defence and the team as a whole.

He's such a great reader of the game, constantly talking to players, it certainly appears that we are being caught out less, and I feel that it's this that has allowed us to play with four across the back vs Woking and to play with more confidence and lucidity.

Che looked good in the second half vs Southport but was superb vs Woking. My MOTM without a doubt, if only for the volley on the turn (credit to Burch too, fantastic save, should keep them out of trouble for a couple of games. But I'm sure Spurs'll waste him)

More of the same to come I'm sure.

Keep it up you reds and we'll be top half come the end of the season!