Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Tostao? Wilkerson?

Richard C

Jimmy said that Tostao didn't fill his potential at Dover and Hereford, but they were both away games, and perhaps he just needed the home fans to fire him up again. Everyone saw and heard how much Tostao was wanted on the pitch, and perhaps if he had been bought on, the noise would have been for better and the players might have lifted their heads. when that last sub was made and the Booing and jeering started, you could see the player's heads just slump, as if giving up. I am sure Andy is doing what he think is best, but what we need right now is the best available 11 playing at their full potential.

I did notice that the body language of the players just showed that they weren't up for the game. They weren't putting everything into shots (which is why most went over) and the team just didn't look like they were playing proper football.

Was Liam Hatch taken off injured? If not, he was the player winning all of the arial balls in Margate's half, which helped a great deal. But taking him off just saw us loosing more chances every time the ball was punted up the field.

We can't afford to make silly mistakes at a time like this, which is why the best 11 should be played.

IMO tostao and wilkerson have to start especially at a time like this. As said above we need our best 11 out there every game fighting for survival.

Wilkerson has kept us in so many games this season. At a time like this we need his ability (and ball chasing e.g. actually sprinting to get the ball for a throw in or goal kick when we're behind to give us more time to score. At times this season hes been the only one doing it. if 1 player can i'm sure the other 10 can do the same. It may same petty but everyone doing this throughout the game can give us an extra minute or two at the end to get a more positive result.)

Tostao needs to play out on the right, not only does he scare defenders who don't know how to handle him but he also gets in crosses crying out for a stiker to put his head on.

Which is why i feel we need to put giles up front. He scored two headers last night (although one was disallowed) and had one other attempt on goal. Every attempt on goal he had was ON target, two of them went in and the other forced a brilliant save from the keeper. Hes also played up front before so i dont see why we don't at least try it. If it doesn't work then it doesn't but lets at least try it,i don't see it being a disaster. I think we should make an attempt to sign him in the summer. hes a really good versatile player who seems settled on the squad and quite happy here. Did anyone else notice his celebration for his second (and disallowed) goal? He seemed to kiss the badge on his shirt or was that just me? i hope he is happy here and we make a decent attempt to sign him.

couldnt agree more,he's proved himself to be a very good player. I was really gutted tos didnt get a game last night,some people have said he is a luxury player,i see where they're coming from but i disagree. I feel the if we bring him on he can cause problems and no doubt the margit defenders have heard about him(or played against him),this could cause problems,so if you were andy ford,you have one subsititution left,its (reasonably) late on in the game,you want to take Justin Skinner off,who do you bring on,tos with the opportunity of a great perfomance which can win the game(or an average performance in which case what has he lost) or bring on Louie Evans?No disrespect to louie but tos is a different class (admitidly not all the time but even on bad days isnt really poor). I just hope we dont lose him,a player who can turn matches.

I must be honest,im not hopeful for saturday but i'll be there, i hope im wrong but i fear im not,they DEFINITELY have the potential to win but with stevenage having a miny revival and us with our present run(is it one win in 16 now?)i think it may be very hard. C'MON FLEET!

Yes I agree Fleet Boy I don't think Tostoa is a luxury and it was the perfect opportunity for him the other night to run at tiring Margate defenders.

I actually feel quite optomistic about Saturday I just feel sooner or later it will all come right, it wasn't that long ago we were winning 1-4 at Barnet, though defeat is almost unthinkable.

Quote:
Matt Lee suspension will start 14 days after he was sent off. ie 28th January!

Although oddly enough, he doesn't appear on the latest FA list. I will investigate and report back.

I've spoken to Roly, and the suspension notice hasn't come through yet. We are expecting a three match ban beginning on Tuesday.