Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Here's someone REALLY famous

So are you saying I would have prostrated myself in front of him in a Clement Temile style manner. I think Paula must have a serious hold over you if all you could talk to him about was his Yorkshire terrier and I find that a little worrying as there were 101 other things, it's not every day Ossie Ardiles visits Hertingfordbury Park is it.

Quote:
Rhodes said:
So are you saying I would have prostrated myself in front of him in a Clement Temile style manner. I think Paula must have a serious hold over you if all you could talk to him about was his Yorkshire terrier and I find that a little worrying as there were 101 other things, it's not every day Ossie Ardiles visits Hertingfordbury Park is it.

He was quietly watching his son playing football, not attending a press conference.

Well didn't he come into the boardroom afterwards and wait for Pablo to get changed, you would have had all the time in the World then, where was HTFCew's photo above taken out of interest.

Quote:
Rhodes said:
Well didn't he come into the boardroom afterwards and wait for Pablo to get changed, you would have had all the time in the World then, where was HTFCew's photo above taken out of interest.

Ossie was happy to chat with a number of our supporters before leaving, but he didn't wait for Pablo, as he came in his own transport. The photo was taken in our main stand.

Does Ossie still own a house in deepest Hertfordshire, I know he lived there for many years and presumably bought his two sons large properties years ago.

Quote:
Rhodes said:
Does Ossie still own a house in deepest Hertfordshire, I know he lived there for many years and presumably bought his two sons large properties years ago.

Don't know. Don't pry into our players' parents private affairs.

It was taken as I was passing the stand on my way down to the other end of the ground just before the start of the 2nd half. I asked if he wouldn't mind having his photo taken, and he very kindly removed his hat so I could get a better shot.

In the first half he was standing on the far side, where Pablo was, and I got a couple of long distance pics of him then.

It's a good photo, I see that he is wrapped up against the elements although it wasn't particularly cold yesterday. What sort of hat was he wearing, was it a fedora. Horace - you're not very interesting are you, I make it my business to find out such information.

Well it might have been in Waltham Abbey or else you didn't have enough clothing on. Incidentally one of the match officials from your game yesterday did our pitch inspection at 09.30, Uju Chukwuma. I told him to look out for a tall, dark haired guy in a long raincoat who never smiles and say hello from me, did he do so.

Quote:
Rhodes said:
Well it might have been in Waltham Abbey or else you didn't have enough clothing on. Incidentally one of the match officials from your game yesterday did our pitch inspection at 09.30, Uju Chukwuma. I told him to look out for a tall, dark haired guy in a long raincoat who never smiles and say hello from me, did he do so.

I wouldn't know, Rhodes. I didn't go to Waltham Abbey v AFC Hornchurch yesterday!

Okay I stand corrected, obviously you played Waltham Forest hence the confusion. I see that you penned the match report in Non-League, the crowd of 80 seemed a little on the disappointing side, what is your average home gate this season.

Quote:
Potters Bar Town FC said:
Quote:
Rhodes said:
Horace - you're not very interesting are you, I make it my business to find out such information.

That, along with many insensitive comments you've made recently, says it all about what sort of person you are!

I'm not a very nosey person Rhodes. Ossie had come privately to watch his son play football. I hope that he comes again, and we may indeed invite him s a guest of honour now he is back from Israel. If he accepted, I might then feel it appropriate to ask him about his time there, and what players he rated.

Thanks for that. I know you haven't played Canvey Island yet, does it still look like you will be left all dressed up with nowhere to go after the proceedings on 23 December mistle toe in hand.

So Paula will be coming to the game now, did she manage to get out of the wedding party she was supposed to be going to then, Dave Dawson style, (our player who missed his best mates wedding to play for us at Brimsdown Rovers).