Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

'The Mighty' Brimsdown Rovers v Kentish Town - Division 1 Cup - 17 January

Originally Posted By: HTFC ONE
wot was the result?

It was as close as expected! Brimsdown 5 Kentish Town 0. "Broken man" Gordon Boateng obviously put himself back together!

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Originally Posted By: Potters Bar Town FC
A mate of mine went to the game tonight
So you will no doubt have been told that it was 1-0 at half time with us laying seige on the Brimsdown goal early in the second period, Alamo style, however their second goal on the hour mark did them a big favour knowing they had some breathing space and fair play they played some nice stuff after that although their fourth and fifth goals came very late and 2-0 or 3-0 would have been a far better reflection on play. Brimsdown were clearly hell bent on going through whereas we had five debutante's, no Lee Scott or his strike partner in crime Dave Dawson or Tom 'Beckenbaur' McMullen, it will be a different kettle of fish at Harpenden on Friday night and they must already be shaking in their boots fearing a backlash.
HTFC One - You obviously haven't read my post on another thread so here it is again, the scoreline is totally misleading.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
HTFC One - You obviously haven't read my post on another thread so here it is again, the scoreline is totally misleading.

That's not what I was told at Cockfosters this evening. It was, apparently, a very even game until Brimsdown got their second but it was complete one way traffic after that and Kentish Town were annihilated. It could easily have been twelve, by all accounts. It will be interesting when I catch up with my mate, Geoff, to see if his view was the same.

Well how on earth would Cockfosters know, I didn't recognise anyone from Chalk Lane as the crowd was very poor considering the enormity of the game, I'm surprised that Brimsdown didn't think to make it Tuesday night due to the Arsenal v Spurs semi final taking place. I'm not denying that Brimsdown deserved to win in the end, I'm just saying that 2-0 would have been a far better reflection, had we equalised just after the interval when we had the ascendancy then it would have been a completely different outcome.

Rhodes said "considering the enormity of the game"

It was your second game in a Mickey Mouse make-weight competition!

Article taken from Non League Daily:

Brimsdown Rovers put the disappointment of last weekend`s goalless draw at Harpenden Town behind them when they lost further ground on league leaders Cockfosters in the Molten Spartan South Midlands League First Division title race, by booking a League Cup semi final berth following Wednesday night`s 5-0 second round success against Kentish Town at Goldsdown Road.

The Middlesex side booked an away tie with Ampthill Town, thanks to a lone first half strike from defender Aaron Scott a well placed header on 25 minutes alongside a second half brace from Ashley Taylor-Forbes.

Player-coach Mervin Abrahams came off the bench to set up Danny Bleach for the fourth before rounding off the scoring himself 5 minutes from time.

Brimsdown travel to Buckingham Athletic in league action at the weekend and in a break from his sides` preparation, team boss Gordon Boateng confirmed to nonleaguedaily: “I am generally happy with the level of our performance on Wednesday, but we passed up too many chances and should have had the game won a lot earlier than we did.

“However, there were many aspects of our play that were encouraging, not the least of these coming from the late introduction of Mervin Abrahams in a bid to beef up our fire power and attacking options, entering the fray at 3-0 and making a most positive contribution in the final stages.

“The players will prepare well for Saturday`s game against Buckingham Athletic, keeping fully focused and level headed as, after the loss of two crucial points at Harpenden, we have a lesser margin for error.

“It is now imperative we pick up maximum points from our games in hand to work towards our number one objective for the season - promotion to the Premier Division.”