Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

'The Mighty' Brimsdown Rovers v Kentish Town - Division 1 Cup - 17 January

Originally Posted By: saf06
hey rhodes-long time no speak-as aaron said we were in a bit of trouble but frank is aware of that and hopefully common sense will prevail as to why we was not there-and no hard feelings are shgown!
Saf - Well certainly no hard feeling on my part, you already know how I feel about you, in a footballing sense of course! Did you see your picture in the Islington Gazette last week by the way.

Folks - Potters Bar Town and Spidermanor's best mate Phil Rolt rang me earlier to kindly inform me that he has rearranged the eagerly awaited division 1 cup final, sorry quarter final, for Wednesday 31 January, kick off 7.45. I hope some of you will be in a position to attend on the night as if the legendary league game on 14 October is anything to go by you will be in for the time of your lives. The new date will no doubt be playing on 'the mighty' Brimsdown Rovers minds tomorrow when they meet New Bradwell St Peter at Goldsdown Road and also next Saturday when they travel to Harpenden Town and it will be most surprising if they get a point from those two fixtures which would do our promotion hopes no harm particularly if, as expected, we pick up a maximum six points at Buckingham Athletic tomorrow and against Winslow United the following week prior to the trip to Brimsdown.

Rhodes said "The new date will no doubt be playing on 'the mighty' Brimsdown Rovers minds tomorrow when they meet New Bradwell St Peter at Goldsdown Road and also next Saturday when they travel to Harpenden Town and it will be most surprising if they get a point from those two fixtures "

You are such a T1T Rhodes! No-one else believes that the thought of a Mickey Mouse cup game in 11 days time will have any effect whatsoever on Brimsdown's form in the next two games!

Well we'll see, you didn't witness the effect we had on 'the mighty' Brimsdown Rovers when we went into the lions den on 14 October and played them at their own game, Gordon Boateng was tearing his hair out at the end and kept the players out on the pitch warming down for a good hour afterwards, he was a broken man.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry folks but it's time to dust off this thread again for tonights eagerly awaited contest at Goldsdown Road with Ampthill Town waiting to host the winners in the semi final, as there is no prediction thread you may wish to post your forecasts but bear in mind that Lee Scott is still out for us and his strike partner Dave Dawson is also unavailable for selection. Brimsdown must be thinking all their Christmas's have come at once.

What gone to Hayes you mean, no he would hold out for a Conference or league Club if, in the unlikely event, he was to leave us. I see the clock is ticking and there is just under five hours to go to kick off tonight, it's just a shame that it's Arsenal v Spurs tonight otherwise there would probably be a full house at Goldsdown Road for what is ultimately the final of the Division 1 Cup.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
for what is ultimately the final of the Division 1 Cup.

Isn't that "penultimately"? You won't be winning any friends at Ampthill Town by dismissing them so easily!

What gone to Hayes you mean, no he would hold out for a Conference or league Club if, in the unlikely event, he was to leave us. I see the clock is ticking and there is just under five hours to go to kick off tonight, it's just a shame that it's Arsenal v Spurs tonight otherwise there would probably be a full house at Goldsdown Road for what is ultimately the final of the Division 1 Cup.

Would have thought the font of all knowledge would have known where his star strikers brother was at the minute wouldnt you??

I think the SSML fixture secretary is arraning it for a couple of weeks time although Brimsdown have a groundshare with Enfield. Clearly they are going to want to drag it out for as long as possible in order to stay in the competition, we'll be going to either Ampthill Town or Bedford Valerio United in the semi final.

No you won't!

Folks - Thought I would resurrect this thread with 'the big one' just three days away. I heard on the gravevine that 'the mighty' Brimsdown Rovers are running scared and even phoned me up yesterday after our impressive win over Cranfield to find out the score. Lee Scott is virtually unplayable at the moment however we may even rest him on Wednesday to make more of a game of it.

As he ended up not playing anyway, do you think it made "more of a game of it", Rhodes?

Folks - Potters Bar Town and Spidermanor's best mate Phil Rolt rang me earlier to kindly inform me that he has rearranged the eagerly awaited division 1 cup final, sorry quarter final, for Wednesday 31 January, kick off 7.45. I hope some of you will be in a position to attend on the night as if the legendary league game on 14 October is anything to go by you will be in for the time of your lives. The new date will no doubt be playing on 'the mighty' Brimsdown Rovers minds tomorrow when they meet New Bradwell St Peter at Goldsdown Road and also next Saturday when they travel to Harpenden Town and it will be most surprising if they get a point from those two fixtures which would do our promotion hopes no harm particularly if, as expected, we pick up a maximum six points at Buckingham Athletic tomorrow and against Winslow United the following week prior to the trip to Brimsdown.

I could be here all night picking the bones out of this post, but it's nearly bedtime so I'll leave it to others.

Folks - I know this match is over a month away but as it will be by far the biggest game of the SSML season so far, and arguably the final itself, I just wanted to give you good people plenty of opportunity to get your views in. Obviously we can continue to use the thread afterwards for post match banter and pics etc. Happy posting!

Banter away, folks!

Bed time at 00.30, I have at least four hours of Club paperwork to do yet.

Originally Posted By: paulb

Would have thought the font of all knowledge would have known where his star strikers brother was at the minute wouldnt you??

For those who aren't aware, Josh Scott is currently having a holiday at Her Majesty's Pleasure.