Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

DIVISION 1 - which teams to look out for and what up and coming Players

I didn't play at a very high level, mainly local leagues over Hackney Marshes and in the Association of Provincial Football Supporters Club's In London (APFSCIL) League for Bristol City and Rotherham over Wormwood Scrubbs, at least we got some support from the prisoners shouting from behind their barred windows. I've never played at Coles Park believe it or not!

So you was an eastender then Rhodes? i always had the impression you was a northerner!!

did you spot my post on another thread the sad news concerning Tommy Lambourne?

Its still not too late Rhodes haringay will hold trials in the summer, you could go and try your luck!!

Quote:
3praise said: So you was an eastender then Rhodes? i always had the impression you was a northerner!! did you spot my post on another thread the sad news concerning Tommy Lambourne? Its still not too late Rhodes haringay will hold trials in the summer, you could go and try your luck!!
No I am a Northerner, North London born and bred, lived for 30 years in Highbury off the Blackstock Road before moving to Tottenham. Yes I heard about Lambourne but don't believe a word of it, I will be speaking to his dad Dave in due course to see what is actually going on. I think he is possibly so screwed up mentally following his experience at Ruislip Manor that he doesn't know which way to turn and who can blame him.

You love stirring it don't you, how's Uncle Urchin by the way!

Quote:
Potters Bar Town FC said:
Quote:
Rhodes said:
I think he is possibly so screwed up mentally following his experience at Ruislip Manor that he doesn't know which way to turn and who can blame him.

Let's see which of the Ruislip boys responds to that bit of nonsense first. My money's on Spidermanor.

Wrong PBT its me. rhodes the RMFC lawyers are on the case unless we get a retraction.

Lato - 18.34 eh, is that the new time we can set our watches by! You've missed some fun and games today, there has been a handbagging between Uncle Urchin and Potters Bar Town.

As for the rest of the rubbish on this thread about goin gdown on bended knee to worship footballers...poppycock. I certainly wouldn't even for the great Lato himself. However I would shake his hand and congratulate him on his tackle on Norman Hunter in front of the Wembley Royal box in 1973!

rhodes surprisingly I can read and I suggest you get a life.

Lato - I'm sure you had your heroes growing up in the late sixties and early seventies, you have already mentioned your days at college in Newcastle and watching the likes of Irving Natrass, Stewart Barrowclough, Tommy Craig, John Tudor and Malcolm MacDonald, surely you would go down on bended knee in front of one of those legends not to mention the great Bobby Moncur after holding that Fairs Cup aloft in 1969.

I was in Newcastle between 1986 and 1990 when the team were pants. I saw them in 1990 in front of 14 and a half thousand in the pouring rain v Port Vale. I think it ended 2-2 and i'm not sure of any of the players but it certainly wasn't any of that lot.

Like I said I wouldn't go down on bended knee in adolation of any footballer.

As for Division One players to get back to the topic of the thread. The only division one side I've seen this season are Brimsdown and I don't think they played their full side against us. However thier front two that night looked lively.

The jury is still out on 'the mighty' Brimsdown Rovers and fair play to them for winning ten of their eleven games so far this season however it is no coincidence that the only game they haven't won was against us when we gave them a football lesson and they must be shaking in their boots at the prospect of facing us twice more, in the return fixture at Claremont Road and in the Division 1 Cup at their place next month. Stony Stratford Town are probably the only other contenders for promotion but as their ground won't meet with Premier Division approval so long as it's a Salisbury Plain style route march from the dressing rooms to the pitch we won't be that bothered in finishing runners up to Brimsdown if push comes to shove.

Quote:
Rhodes said:
The jury is still out on 'the mighty' Brimsdown Rovers and fair play to them for winning ten of their eleven games so far this season however it is no coincidence that the only game they haven't won was against us when we gave them a football lesson and they must be shaking in their boots at the prospect of facing us twice more, in the return fixture at Claremont Road and in the Division 1 Cup at their place next month. Stony Stratford Town are probably the only other contenders for promotion but as their ground won't meet with Premier Division approval so long as it's a Salisbury Plain style route march from the dressing rooms to the pitch we won't be that bothered in finishing runners up to Brimsdown if push comes to shove.

You guys will finish 6th at the best and it is KTFC that should be shaking in their boots, if you dont have a home ground next year you wont be able to play in the league. You guys have already had problems this year moving around grounds and the issues with Hendon, and obviously last season there were issues with Potter Bars Town as PBT has discussed with you previously. I dont believe any teams will shake in their boots at the opposition, that would be poor management and negative players

Big game for Kentish Town this weekend, despite their undoubted good result at Brimsdown Rovers they only other team they have beaten in the top 5 is Ampthill Town (which if I remember right they won 2-1). Looking at the Division One table it doesn't look like the top three are going to drop many points so it is vital that Kentish Town beat Ampthill.

Quote:
InformationZone2 said:
and obviously last season there were issues with Potter Bars Town as PBT has discussed with you previously.
Yes I finally agree with you on something and don't we know it, it's a miracle the Club is still alive to tell the tale.