Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Holmer Green

Quote:
Rhodes said:
Well perhaps but I'm beginning to wonder whether he actually exists, have you known Paula to drag him kicking and screaming to Canvey Island games and did you meet him at Hornchurch last week, I think you'll find the answer is a resounding no.

I haven't been to a Canvey game yet this season so wouldn't know about that. Why would it matter to you whether he existed or not?

Well it wouldn't matter to me in the slightest but I would be curious to know why Paula would want to invent a non existant 'new man' and pretend to go away for a dirty weekend. Did she discuss him with you when you met at Hornchurch out of interest as if not then that is a little suspicious.

Well I'm not saying she has but I would assume that a male companion of Paula's would need to be into the beautiful game for them to get along and as her supposed 'new man' doesn't seem the slightest bit interested in accompanying her to games that is the reason why I smell a rat. Has she told any of us who he supports for example.

Why does he have to be interested in football rhodes???

Lato - 8.22 eh, where have you been until now as you're quickly losing your crunchy nut cornflakes man tag. Paula's 'new man' doesn't have to be interested in football but can you really imagine her getting it together with someone who isn't, it wouldn't make any sense. I asked Potters Bar Town whether the subject came up last week at Hornchurch but predictably didn't get a straight answer, I would have thought he would have guided the conversation towards it and asked a few probing questions.

no because unlike you he's not nosey. If Paula want's to talk about her new man she will. it seems to me rhodes you have an unhealthy obsession with every detail of her life.

Lato - Not at all, afterall I have a partner and six children so why on earth should I have an obsession with Paula's life. I'm simply a friendly person as you well know who goes out of his way to take an interest in people and if that gives the impression of being nosey, or unhealthy as you ridiculously put it, then I'm sorry.

• 5 months later...

Reading this match report from the Chalfont St Peter v Holmer Green game has got me thinking that just maybe Chalfont didn't go all out to win against their near neighbours therefore relegating Royston and Haringey.

http://www.buckinghamshireadvertiser.co.uk/archives/2007/05/mixed_feelings.html

I doubt it. When i spoke to the secretary at Holmer after our game with them he was down in the dumps, admitting that they were almost certs for the drop only having themselves to blame.

I love a good conspiracy story, but this just isnt one in my book.

RobbieO - You seem to be missing the point, Holmer Green's 0-0 draw at Chalfont St Peter was possibly the result of the season, apart from arguably our narrow 3-2 defeat at your ground in the Challenge Trophy where you were the difference. Chalfont had been flying up to that point so I really think that they took their foot off the gas to do their neighbours a favour and relegate Royston and Haringey.

Sorry Rhodes but i have to agree.

Any team in this league on its day can get a result against any other. Holmer had something to play for, whereas Chalfont didnt, so it didnt raise any eyebrows when i saw the results. they looked good going forward against us, and may well have snatched the points if it wasnt for my 'trick' ;-)

Haringey & Royston are down because over the season they have been the worst 2 teams over 40 games.

Period!

Originally Posted By: RobbieO
Holmer had something to play for, whereas Chalfont didnt

RobbieO - That's exactly the point I made, Chalfont St Peter took their foot off the gas allowing Holmer Green to get the 0-0 draw which kept them up.