Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

So Rhodes wasn't lieing about Clement knowing Keany

Lato - You always have to be opposite which confirms my 'black and white' comments about you and Potters Bar Town the other day. This will confirm that the quote was all his:

http://www.shankly.com/lifeanddeath.htm

no that doesn't confirm it at all..and I said I may be mistaken, just I'm sure I recall reading it somewhere. However if I'm wrong I'm wrong, I can admit that unlike some people eh clip rods!!!

It's a bit like the 'An African side will win the World Cup before the year 2000' quote. Most people credit that to Pele because it has more kudos if he said it. It was actually first uttered by former England manager Walter Winterbottom.

Well whilst we're at it what about 'over the moon' then and 'sick as a parrot', I suppose you know who coined those phrases too. It's quite funny to 'watch' Lato squirming in his chair over the Shankly saying, why be different or awkward just for the sake of it, everyone knows that imortal saying originated from the great man's lips.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
It's quite funny to 'watch' Lato squirming in his chair over the Shankly saying, why be different or awkward just for the sake of it, everyone knows that imortal saying originated from the great man's lips.

benylin rhodes

And in the words of Jarvis Cocker "I don't see anyone else laughing"

Coming back to the theme of this thread did anyone happen to notice in the Times article yesterday that 'the great one's' close bond with Roy Keane was touched upon and the UEFA 'A' Coaching Course in Lilleshall back in August, it's amazing where these reporters get their information from however on checking I see that Tom Dart is actually The Times top football journalist so it's no surprise really.

HTFCew - How do you mean, at least I can do so with a clear conscience when I shave in the mornings, you should know that as I always go that extra mile and am more than willing to help anyone particularly journalists who come knocking at our door for a story on the Club which seems to be happening on an almost daily basis these days.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
you should know that as I always go that extra mile and am more than willing to help anyone particularly journalists who come knocking at our door for a story on the Club

Even though you are fully aware that your Head Coach is publicity shy and your "help" does more to embarrass him than anything or anyone else?

Originally Posted By: HTFCew
So you admit it then, the stories do come from you.

HTFCew - No I didn't say that, as I've said before these journalists weren't born yesterday and are highly trained, skilled and experienced in what they do, they can find information out on Websites and Forums such as this one or just make a phone call to the likes of Roy Keane or Peter Beardsley to verify that 'the great one' was on their UEFA 'A' Coaching course, their little black books must contain every number in football under the sun.

HTFCew - Did you forget to type some text in your last post.

• 3 weeks later...

Folks - Just to say that you have to hand it to Roy Keane for getting Sunderland to the top of the league for the first time this season just when it matters with their win at Southampton today. You won't be surprised to learn that I strongly feel a lot of his success in his first season of Management has been down to 'the great one' and the effect he had on Keane during the UEFA 'A' Coaching Course in Lilleshall back in August. They were in adjoining rooms and I gather had many meaningful conversations with 'the great one' emphasising his strong and unique religious beliefs which he has also instilled on everyone at Kentish Town.

rhodes you MUST be doing this deliberately.

Lato - I'm perfectly serious, 'the great one' is one of these inspirational characters that you instantly warm to, a bit like an old fashioned gospel preacher if you like and you cannot fail to be drawn to him like a magnate. This is exactly what happened to Roy Keane and to a lesser degree Peter Beardsley.

you been drinking in the sun this afternoon rhodes?