Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

So Rhodes wasn't lieing about Clement knowing Keany

'The great one' is not administration minded and struggles in that department, as his Club's Secretary I have offered to help him out and do what he asks me to do which is a full time job in itself but at the same time the greatest honour and privilege of my life. Sorry to keep going on about the Nigeria v Ghana game but you really had to be there to see how the man is worshipped by his countrymen, I have seen a thing or two in my time but it took me back to the days of Donny Osmond, David Cassidy and the Bay City Rollers.

I think a lot of guys of that era admired David Cassidy too, at least his songs were half decent.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
'The great one' is not administration minded and struggles in that department, as his Club's Secretary I have offered to help him out and do what he asks me to do which is a full time job in itself but at the same time the greatest honour and privilege of my life. Sorry to keep going on about the Nigeria v Ghana game but you really had to be there to see how the man is worshipped by his countrymen, I have seen a thing or two in my time but it took me back to the days of Donny Osmond, David Cassidy and the Bay City Rollers.

Three points stem from this response, clip Rods.

1) How difficult is it for Clement to pick up a telephone and say "Hello mate, how are you keeping? Great to see you're doing such a good job at Sunderland. All the best for continued success." or words to that effect?

2) Why is it the Club Secretary's job to "help out" with non-club related communication? If you want to help him out, that's fine. But it has nothing to do with the fact that you are the Secretary of the club he coaches at.

3)You say "Sorry to keep going on about the Nigeria v Ghana game" but why mention it at all when it had absolutely no relevance to the point you were making? It has only succeeded in other people laughing at you still further.

Potters Bar Town - To answer your three valid points firstly I don't really know the answer as to why 'the great one' doesn't contact Roy Keane himself at the Stadium of Light, all I know is that he has asked me to help him with administrative issues which I'm very proud and happy to do. It may be because he has had agents in the past looking after all his affairs and hasn't needed to lift a finger other than to kick a ball or take Coaching sessions. Secondly as the Secretary of Potters Bar Town aren't you sometimes asked to help players or Coaches out with personal or other ad hoc matters that might not relate directly to Club business and wouldn't you do so if approached, I know I would. Lastly there is always a relevance to the points I make, if the subject was 'the great one' then obviously the Nigeria v Ghana game would be particularly relevant, it's a shame Paula and her new man weren't able to make it that, never to be forgotten, evening as she would have verified his popularity which is on a par with 'Pope status' in his native Nigeria, I noticed a number of people kneeling down to kiss his hand and I never thought I would see that in Braemer Road of all places.

"I noticed a number of people kneeling down to kiss his hand and I never thought I would see that in Braemer Road of all places. "

I do not believe you.

Potters Bar Town - To answer your three valid points firstly I don't really know the answer as to why 'the great one' doesn't contact Roy Keane himself at the Stadium of Light, all I know is that he has asked me to help him with administrative issues which I'm very proud and happy to do. It may be because he has had agents in the past looking after all his affairs and hasn't needed to lift a finger other than to kick a ball or take Coaching sessions. Secondly as the Secretary of Potters Bar Town aren't you sometimes asked to help players or Coaches out with personal or other ad hoc matters that might not relate directly to Club business and wouldn't you do so if approached, I know I would. Lastly there is always a relevance to the points I make, if the subject was 'the great one' then obviously the Nigeria v Ghana game would be particularly relevant, it's a shame Paula and her new man weren't able to make it that, never to be forgotten, evening as she would have verified his popularity which is on a par with 'Pope status' in his native Nigeria, I noticed a number of people kneeling down to kiss his hand and I never thought I would see that in Braemer Road of all places.

quote of the month?

Originally Posted By: Potters Bar Town FC
[quote=Horace Especially when he told us the next day that only two people had done so. More contradiction?
I said two people went down in front of him in a 'we are not worthy' fashion, I didn't say they had kissed his hand. Apparently that's an every day custom in Nigeria, Pope style, and a bit like a normal hand shake to us.

Originally Posted By: 3praise
quote of the month?
3praise - I would still like there to be a quote of the month for you as some of the stuff you come out with really takes the buscuit, you also have a strange, albeit unique, way of phrasing things, do you mind if I ask if you're English, no doubt you won't want to give too much away incase I twig who you are although I think I know now anyway.

Has Clement ever kissed your hand (or vice versa), clip Rods? And, if so, did you enjoy it?
Potters Bar Town - No Clement has never kissed my hand and I haven't kissed his, yet. We have embraced though following a number of emphatic Kentish Town wins this season such as at Ampthill Town and Hoddesdon Town, you don't seem to appreciate what an honour it is to have 'the great one' at our Club and I bet you would give your right arm to although obviously you would never admit to it.

you don't seem to appreciate what an honour it is to have 'the great one' at our Club and I bet you would give your right arm to

We are an Isthmian League Club and our coaching staff need to be of a standard appropriate to the Isthmian League or higher. We wouldn't be interested in Clement Temile at the present time.

We wouldn't be interested in Clement Temile at the present time.

Does that mean you would at a later date? (rhetorical!!)

sorry but I think he's probably busy digging himself out of another self constructed hole regarding his comments about Hendon and the level of contact between their secretary and webmaster. Wonder if the same problem exists at KTFC?