Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Mason's joined Brackley Town

Playing in the Ryman League means training twice a week in the evenings and playing most Saturday's and some Tuesday's instead of training.

That dosn't sound like its going to ruin many peoples career prospects! If it did, would they have joined in the first place?

Quote:
Nathan said:
Playing in the Ryman League means training twice a week in the evenings and playing most Saturday's and some Tuesday's instead of training.

That dosn't sound like its going to ruin many peoples career prospects!

Try fitting it in with being in the navy.

woody..players are in the majority are going to go were they can get the money..not much loyalty around my friend...and don't be so naive a non league player not on contract committing his money for mortgage ... daft in my opion ..time to get a proper job..this is non league football..not the premiership..

well said woody.if a player is on even £150 thats 600 a month and a lot of money.im sure if chris played football and worked,that extra 600 a month would help towards a morgage and his family.so [yes]chris it is a big deal if players dont get paid.please wake up.its classed as a second job

for those who aint got the best paid jobs.

glad thats off my chest.

If players rely on the money they get from the club - more fool them!

If a player is stupid enough to play for a Ryman level club and expect to use it as a second income they obviously have not opened their eyes and ears to the fortunes of clubs at this level.

What club at this level does not have financial problems?

What happens if a player gets an injury that stops them playing again?

Take Leigh Mason - gets an injury that could stop him playing and possibly working - what does he do - he carrys on playing risking both his main and secondary incomes!!!! Somtimes logic goes out the window!!!!!

I appricate what the players do and the time they give but they need to look at things realistically

another player i take it ...again if you treat this moeny as a firm income , well your quite nuts ! IMO... what if your no good and get released ,nothing in football is so straight forward as what you seam to imply !!! what happens when you get injured, very few players re invest any money with an insurance policy ...

Also Have you got a signed contract ? Only one slough player has !! so you are free to move on when you want too ....

This is non league football.... Ryman League...

The extra money is pin money ..and treated that way !

chris s

Actually i can agree with the players here they SHOULD be being paid.

But this is not the place to air their issues...

HOWEVER, the fact that players have to come on here to find out facts and give their opinion shows us how the running of the club is going at mo...

(remember matt murphy coming on here to ask when pre season training is)

Also- if players do come on here i think a thank you is owed, so you are still owed money but the supporters trust did dig into our funds for a weeks wages, i know it doesnt sort anything long term, but instead of griping a thankyou would not go amiss!!!)

ok.

there is nothing wrong with a club running on 'exes only' for players, or no money at all if thats the way it is.

But then fans have to really lower their hopes, live with relegation or no Cups and the players have to know from the start what the deal or no deal is.

You cannot criticise then when the squad has not got enough quality / fitness or experience to hold its own.

You have to accept that players will sometimes or often not be available because of the jobs they do which then must always come first.

Get a bunch of talented kids instead? Young talent, 16,17, that might start on nothing but actually make Ryman grade, or potentially higher if they progress in a good squad... will be tapped up and move on for £30/40 a week even.... because when you're a college boy blagging money off your parents and can't have a Saturday job because of football, that seems like a hell of a lot of money,

And yes it was very decent and loyal of the Slough Town fans trust to come up with cash.