Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

What's the latest on Takumi

Rak - Absolutely spot on, and 3praise claims to be a Haringey Borough fan!

i can only give comments on the game i have seen him play!.....And so i did! i dont agree that playing at a higher level allows him to shine, should a quality player not show himself more at a lower level....or when he plays with a higher level club is he being carried??

Quote:
neutralbob said:
its not that we hate tak, its the fact that rhodes doesnt shut the feck up about him!!!
I haven't mentioned Takumi for ages, it was Cantos who started this thread out of the blue yesterday when he could have just used the original Takumi thread.

Quote:
3praise said:
i can only give comments on the game i have seen him play!.....And so i did! i dont agree that playing at a higher level allows him to shine, should a quality player not show himself more at a lower level....or when he plays with a higher level club is he being carried??

What are you talking about m8? Because its going right over my head.

All I can say to that is he isn't being carried when playing 2 levels above Haringey Borough.

Lets move on.

Rak - And people on here say I don't know what I'm talking about, as you say the Dulwich Hamlet game at Haringey last season was a Mickey Mouse affair, I was there and actually thought Takumi had a blinder anyway.

• 5 months later...

Rak - I was speaking to the Hendon Secretary last week and I gather the Club have been delighted with Takumi since he returned from his loan spell at Wembley, he's apparently a different player and is the first name on the team sheet every week. I suppose this is verified by your recent rich vein of form.

Tak has been playing well. But our rich vein of form has pretty much been since the 11th game where we only had 2 points!

I think the fact Tak has had a few games in a row has helped him, and because the pitches are dryer. The problem for him before was he didn’t really get a run of games.

Oh yeah, also want to apologize to Gavin who ever so often has said that he is looking forward to probably being in the same division as Hendon next season. :-)

I am delighted Edgware won the league, but glad we didn’t demise as you so often thought was going to be the case!

bounce

Rak - Thanks for the update, yes I cannot for the life of me fathom out why Takumi didn't get a run of games with Hendon prior to his loan spell at Wembley however he seems to be flavour of the month now. You'll be lucky to hold onto him for next season I would have thought.

• 4 months later...

Rhodes... you probably are already aware of this but this is quoted from NLD;

"Takumi Ake could make his first British Gas Business Southern League Premier Division start in Team Bath colours when the University of Bath side host Clevedon Town on Tuesday night.

Left-sided midfielder Ben Thomson picked up an ankle knock in Saturday’s 2-1 reverse to Bromsgrove Rovers and therefore could miss out against Clevedon.

That could open the door for Ake, who has looked lively in four appearances from the bench this season. "

Originally Posted By: SteveR
I'm sure everyone at Hendon wishes him every success.

Is that sarcasm or meant from the heart

didn't think you did sarcasm rhodes!

Steve R, looks like I could be at Claremont Road with the Polaks on October 27th (Hastings United are the visitors I believe) although it's an F.A Cup day so hopefully you guys are still in it and have a decent home tie for us to attend.

SteveR - Yes you're right, it would seem like Takumi is treated like Royalty in Bath:

http://www.teambath.com/?p=3652