Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Buntingford Town (1) 2, Langford (1) 3

Played on the second pitch at Buntingford Town, the Reds took the lead on twelve minutes with a Dave DRURY penalty. Missed some chances and allowed Buntingford back into game before the break before the home side took the lead nine minutes into the second half. Came back well in the heat for Adam PITCAIRN to head home an equaliser from a Jack Gregson cross before Carl Albon finished an impressive debut with the winning goal after seventy minutes. Buntingford had a player sent off for disputing I presume a refereeing decision on Langford's winner.

Some pics on the Langford website.

Red Robbo, thanks for this, I know Haringey Borough travel to Buntingford next Saturday so will they too be playing on their second pitch. What's the ground like as I gather they are very much an up and coming Club who reached the 3rd Round proper of the FA Youth Cup last term and are hoping to go places. Clearly they were taking the game seriously to have a player sent off and it seems like they gave you a decent run out. What are your aspirations for this season, will you be aiming for a mid table finish.

The Buntingford pitch is fully post and railed but there are no floodflights or cover as such. Good view of the game from the walkway by the bar. Programme available for League games but not for our PSF yesterday. Pitch looks like so many others at the present time, in need of some much needed rain. Competitive game but Langford chose to give a chance to give a number of new players a run out with many of the first team squad missing for holidays ect ect. The sending off was out of character with the game, the player concerned had been spoken to a number of times before his dismissal. A pleasant venue to visit with more than ample car parking available. Certainly a club that may well progress further in the next few seasons.

Langford aspirations for the season must be currently to get the pitch finished so we can play some home games!. Earliest at present being the 23/9, an FAV game against Hounslow Borough. Lots of players at pre season training some new faces experienced at Premier Division level and some not. My aspirations are to see the team gel without the struggle of last season and to play a bit of football that we rarely saw last year. Finishing position too early to tell as yet.

Hallo Paula, I will be going to few more Stevenage games this season now Mr Westley has departed. Plenty of midweek action and odd Saturday game that fits in with other commitments. Danny Potter and Alain Julian vying for the first team spot. Danny played a full game at Farnborough on Saturday but Julian was out with a knee injury. There should be keen competition for the goalkeeping spot this season as both players are very good.

Quote:
RED_ROBBO said:
Hallo Paula, I will be going to few more Stevenage games this season now Mr Westley has departed. Plenty of midweek action and odd Saturday game that fits in with other commitments. Danny Potter and Alain Julian vying for the first team spot. Danny played a full game at Farnborough on Saturday but Julian was out with a knee injury. There should be keen competition for the goalkeeping spot this season as both players are very good.

Hear Danny's doing well!
Might have to try and get down on a Tuesday night!!
Cheers for the reply

Red Robbo - So where are you going to play your home games until 23 September when the pitch at Forde Park is supposed to be finished, I thought you were hoping to get the work done before the start of the season. Do you happen to know Chris Turner the Commercial Manager at Stevenage Borough, I met him last season when Haringey Borough were at Broadhall Way in the FA Youth Cup 3rd Qualifying Round and he raises about 300k a year for Stevenage through various schemes and initiatives.