Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Tony Kempster's Forum SSML Content - Your Views

I see from his list he has never been to the White Lion Ground!

Can you imagine visiting that many grounds in one day? I think I have done half a dozen in a day, ages ago. local non league grounds in this area you could do by bus very easilly are....

Edgware/Hendon/Kingsbury/Northwood

If that bloke went to all those grounds in one day, by the time of the match he would be prob too tired to enjoy the game he went to see in the first place!

I do like to visit football grounds, but am not a 'groundhopper' ie, collecting grounds like trainspotters collect numbers.

I did however make my Girlfriend walk for a good hour so we could find the National stadium in Budapest a couple of years ago, lol.

Talking of grounds, when are Kentish Town playing at Claremont Road Rhodes? if they do, I will pop down to see a game.

Gavin - Our next two games at Hendon are on the 7 and 28 October but as they're both Saturday's you'll probably be playing, we'll have to catch up some other time but I'll put a couple of programmes in the post to you today c/o your programme editor Mr Gregory, I have his address.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry not to attach a link but this post from a groundhopping anorak on the another site is more for Paula as I know she goes to Hornchurch a lot and likes dogs, perhaps she has seen the labradors referred to as I think they are 'resident' at the ground:

Did the grounds trip on Tuesday, pretty dissapointing, but still worth it. Lunch out took about an hour and in the end I only did 3 new grounds. Only new "inside" pictures were AFC Hornchurch, a tidy little ground with nice facilities. Met the owner who told me about how Hornchurch folded and became AFC Hornchurch. They are looking good at the moment and had a lovely couple of Labradors who were very friendly!

Next stop was Dagenham & Redbridge, where no one was there that could let me in, and pretty nasty looking spikes on the top of the fence prevented me trying a climb over.

Up next a revisit to West Ham. Went in their museum and had a ground tour - hats off to them, both were free, unlike the normal Premiership teams, well done The Hammers.

Finally Arsenal's Emirates Stadium/Ashburton Grove. No tours, and no gates left open so just had a look round the outside. Massive club shop, unbeliveable what they stock.

Looking to go up London another day, hopefully a Sunday combined with a game, computer exhibition and a match maybe. Thanks for all the suggestions, more will be most welcome, but I've got enough to last me a while yet

I believe that the only way that you can tick off a ground is if you go and watch a game there. Thats the criteria that the "92 clubs" (not sure if thats their right name) go by.

I know others state they have been there if they have been into the ground, and there are some I've been to but not seen a match at myself. I did go to Arsenals new stadium a few months ago, as well as the new Wembley but don't count them as I didn't get inside them let alone see a match there.

Tried to find Tottenhams ground and Haringeys but after walking miles I gave up!!

Quote:
Rhodes said:
Sorry not to attach a link but this post from a groundhopping anorak on the another site is more for Paula as I know she goes to Hornchurch a lot and likes dogs, perhaps she has seen the labradors referred to as I think they are 'resident' at the ground:

Cheers Rhodes - Yep I know the dogs - they belong to Unc Urchin (the director or owner, not sure of his title).
Not a bad ground (running track around the outside). Great clubhouse though and all very friendly.
Probably be going there in a couple of weeks as no match for us

Folks - Got this info off Tony's Forum, did we know that Clapton were suspended:

Due to a dispute with their county FA, Clapton have been suspended from all football until further notice. I discovered this from the Eton Manor website after trying to find out why their Vase tie at Eton Manor yesterday had been called off'.

Quote:
Potters Bar Town FC said:
Old news Rhodes. Clapton's suspension has already been lifted by the London FA. Both Clapton & Eton Manor have their own forums on the ESL section of this website so I don't know why you're adding it to an SSML thread.
Potters Bar Town - Fair do's, I'm only trying to be helpful. I don't spend all the hours God sends surfing football sites for up to the second information, unlike some people, which is why I'm not fully up to speed with the situation at Clapton, apologies.

League table on TK site today

Spartan South Midlands Premier

Pos Chg Team P W D L F A GD Pts

1 0 Hertford Town (T) 12 7 3 2 41 19 22 24 May be promoted

2 +1 Edgware Town (T) 9 8 0 1 33 11 22 24 May be promoted

3 +1 Leverstock Green 10 7 3 0 27 13 14 24

4 +1 London Colney 13 5 6 2 24 13 11 21

5 -3 Harefield United 9 6 2 1 24 8 16 20

Gavin - our club secretary, more up to date on the rules than I, has pointed out to me that although Harefield can indeed appeal agains the decision, it can only be an appeal against the legality of the hearing, rather than about the outcome! So, unless the SSMFL cocked up the hearing in some way (always possible!), looks like you'll get your replay eventually. If the FA change anything, smell a rat! Although I would be saying the same things as you if it were Hertford, not one person on this forum has felt that it was a good decision for football.

Folks - Have any of you seen Tooting and Mitcham's Website, it is certainly one of the best out there and has all their results from 1937 for people like Potters Bar Town to pour over:

'It is only a small part of what you are after, but the results of Tooting & Mitcham United are available on their website, www.tmufc.co.uk

Look for 'results 1937 - 2005'.

Thanks for that Rhodes old chum, I was only wondering this morning where I could get Tootings results for the 1959/60 championship winning season, when the legendary Paddy Hasty scored 20 goals in 22 league games. I'm surprised, and I must say disappointed, Mr Hasty isn't in your favourite players list as I thought you were a football man through and through.

Well at least someone is appreciative of my painstaking efforts unlike Potters Bar Town who I also thought was a football man through and through.