Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Best musicians of all time?

SAINTS64MAD

Jimi Hendrix wins it for me.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>

we do have very nice flats or should we say apartsments in St.Albans very expensive.

<hr></blockquote>

Oi MAD. What's all this 'we' stuff? You don't live in St. Albans. That's like me saying we have very nices beaches in Hawaii.

Back to the original thread I think we'll find hardly any of us will know the best musicians of all time as they were/still are all underground.

I find most of the above "artists" were influenced by underground music of it's time and basically copied it and as they got more famous and sale worthy their work got more lack lustra!

Ahhh, the first punk song of all time. Ramones or NYD - eh?? Ramones and NYD were closer to Glam Rock with a slightly harder edge. Around the same time as NYD, the place to be was Cleveland - with some of the best 'punk' bands of all - Rocket From the Tombs (Dads of Pere Ubu) and the mighty Electric Eels - 'Bunnies' is the funniest song of all time (bar, perhaps, 'Margate' or some of Ivor Cutler's stuff). Plus even earlier were the mighty MC5 and even Blue Cheer, who somehow get lumbered in the metal crowd - I suppose their songs were too long to be 'punk'.

In the UK, most punk was just 'Pub rawk' with added 'fashion'. Great, but a fabrication nonetheless. Top 5 UK 1977-1980 bands:

1. The Slits

2. Wire

3. The Pop Group

4. The Fall

5. The Buzzcocks

brilliant top 5 above. Being a northern monkey I'd add Joy Div and it's various forms (musician would therefore have to be Peter Hook on bass).

Anyone remember Comsat Angels?

Most influential musician? has to be an original guitar legend; Keith Richards or Chuck Berry