Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Cllr Young comments on MFC development

jkmaskell

Probably because it was James who brought up the subject June. That very same James that told us this councillor is 94 yrs old and we should(inferred) ignore it.

I agree that the club would not be daft enough to jeapordise any future build unless it was both nesssesary and acceptable by all parties. After all some of the classier players signed lately will have had the new stadium poked in the face when signing as a spur to putting pen to paper. I cant believe for one moment that the club would have mislead them,least of all, all of us.

A retired councillor(with respect to his age) sitting at home with nothing much else to do I think.Just a shame that he is a LABOUR councillor.Maybe one of the few who was against the club going forward in the first place.

The last set of plans approved by Council had a condition attached to them that an archeological history had to be done. Im sure itll make a re-appearance. I dont know whether it means the entire area needs to be dug completely up Time Team style, or whether its just a quick survey.

Im not sure if it can be described as a throwaway remark...it was on the front page of the Labour Party's newsletter delivered to every household in Salmestone ward... But as Ive said, hes 94. He has come up with some silly things in the past few months. Ill be chatting to him soon...Ill mention it.

Lets just wait for the plans to come out.

As someone said earlier Cookie. They passed the commercial stuff first time round. If the perimeters have not changed, I can't see what difference a test centre would make. It's not exactly as if it would be so busy it would cause traffic problems is it? After all, they don't seem to give a damn about the problems at Westwood. Haine Rd is no better than Hartsdown Rd. Pot and kettle if any councillors bring up traffic problems as a reason to reject the plans.

The club are wasting valuable time and money with this now. Why couldn't we have the stadium in its current position and just build on the stadium gradually as all that would have needed to be done is to extend the size of the pitch and build the stands. This would mean no archaelogical excavation either. Im glad we are not sharing a ground as our attendances would have gone down to about 200. However i would like to see the club get a pitch laid and a suitable ground ready for the new season.

Calm down Alex. There has been no mention of any archeological excavations. There will be no groundshare. The commercial development has been planned to pay for the stadium, the pitch is regulation size, and will be for next season.

Were you not at the meeting? Nothing has changed, apart from an elderly gent having voiced an opinion. Opinions never hurt anyone.

Faint heart never won fair stadium.

Now, let's get back to the football, because that is where we really have something to get excited about.

As i understand it all development has to be checked by the archeologist's believe from what i have seen the pitch, behind the new stands and old stand area has already been covered, perhaps only the clubhouse area is left to do. The pipe track which is Cris crossing the area as all been checked by means of skimming the surface an just checking the occasional mark. I agree June, faint heart never won a fair stadium or anything else. Going back to the meeting for a moment Mr Maskell asked a number of questions of KP, who answered them all in what to me was a satisfactory way. I cannot believe a man (Mr lever) who develop es property and deals in sites in value of nearly 500,000,000 (re, Banks statement of his worth to the council last year) when dealing with a 15,000,000 as the gaaaate is does not know what he is doing. Getting back to football lets put one over Braintree on saturday keeping us on target for 10 wins before the end of the season, with a bumper crowd singing all the way. I for one am looking forward to next season already.