Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Transfer Window Closing, It's Ron Manager Time

P.W.

MOTM v Sutton  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

• P Nicholls
    • A Lacey
    • C Robinson
    • K Millington
    • D Young
    • J Haverson
    • J Keister
    • W Wilson
    • J Healy
    • L Blackman
    • S West
    • S Cliff
    • L Smith

Must admit i would like to see Jinadu in a mfc shirt but even though he originally came from the Ryman, i think we have to accept that our level is somewhat lower than his these days.

I never really understod football contracts since unless players are on non contract basis, surely employment law dictates that you have to honour contracts so you can't just 'get rid',although i guess the football equivalent is placing players on a transfer list.

Whilst we did probably need to have sufficient numbers aswell to ensure that minimally we could field 11 players and at least 3 subs. you have to question the sense in signing players if they are imediatley 'asked' to leave-but most clubs seem to do it.

However in fairness that is not what CK is suggesting-just us 'armchair Rons' adding 2 plus 2 and getting 5.

Maybe if we can get crowds averaging 850 we can afford a squad of 21 players (and then JK can afford to get himself suspended a few times)

Overall , i think quality is more important than quantity, since with a fairly liberal loan system you can get temporary replacements when there is a crisis.

I think its worthy of note though, that clubs with alot of loan players don't seem to do anything like aswell as clubs who have permanet signings and 'build a proper team'

Can't see the point of a massive squad. Some players not even getting on the bench - we are not paying Chelsea wages, where the players do not care if they play or not.

I think someone posted end of sept. and earwigging, i thought i overheard him say similar at Maldon game.

What position will he play when he returns though.

I think we need another defender but is Darren with his lack of height the answer.

Personally whilst i'd like him to be taller,i'd have him alongside Kola (the shortest centre back pairing in the world).

Darrens timing was always quite good though and his distribution from defence was best of everyone-he had a knack of finding our own players which is quite useful i'm told.

Equally i guess darren can cover at either full back, or defensive midfield(though Hasim Deen is a star in that role imo).

In practice any discussion of where Darren may play is probably irrelevant, as by end of sept no doubt injuries and suspensions will have set in so team will sort of pick itself anyway i guess.

Equally are we certain Darren has signed though one would like to think that club and player would be mutually loyal to each other after the pain both have endured over the last 8 months ?

Is this poll intended to support the team?

There have been two home games which most supporters have seen and two away games which some may not have seen.

Shouldnt we leave the job of manaaging the team to the manager or are we doubting his signings.

correction to my post a couple up.

I'm sure when i first looked DA was on the official site in the squad list, but now there are only 17 players and DA not listed.

Maybe i was hallucinating ,but i'm sure DA was originaly in the official squad list hence my post;but now seems not to be.

Maybe he has to prove his fitness before he is signed

To the annon a few posts above who always seems to want to have a go at me for anything and everything.I wonder, do you just hang around waiting to pounce.

In this case I have to say that yes ,a m.o.t.m poll was done by me but it is a positive poll. In that poll we are voting for a "star" player of the day and though it may show others are NOT getting votes it dosent mean they had a bad game or are bad players. The poll just gives us the feelings of those watching on the day their ideas of who impressed slightly more than others. In this thread it is asking to have four players mentioned who are not worthy of a place in the squad. I do point out to you my first post on this subject though I also have to admit that despite my feelings about this thread I too voted as I mentioned before I got curious to see who was being voted. That should put me to shame but as others have and will vote anyway I dont see that my particular votes will change anything too much. This poll is not similar to M.O.T.M poll. This one is a negative one whereas the other is a positive one.Try again Annon!

Quote:
Anonymous said:
I suspect some are on a match to match basis. (Burke?)

Also if 4 junior players (like Egan) went would probably only pay for 1 - 2 new ones.

Ok so we get rid of Paul Egan what do we do for a sub goalkeeper, Charlie will be injured or suspended at some time this season and Paul is a good prospect and rated by the Managers.