Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Russian Backer

Tom

Time for me to set the record straight !

Yes I did ask the slough Observer to keep the lid on this , but the press are the press...

I have had a e mail from Chris evans ..I told him about the situation and he ask for it to be held until we meet , however this was not done...he was happy that i told him about the article and we are due to meet up in July ..date to confirmed...

lets see everyone..dont be too hopeful, but it maybe a life line

cheers chris sliski

Or pick up a free copy from Montem. Not quite sure how this fella will be able to help unless he is going to buy the name of the club off Mr Deaner and presumably then all the debt that goes with it. Not exactly a good venture for something you won't get any money back from in the short term.

The debt should not "go along with the name", unless those are the terms under which Martin Deaner wishes to get out of STFC. But if Martin Deaner refuses to spend more money on the club (possibly a sensible financial decision) and nobody will buy the club or its name saddled with debt, then he may well dispose of the name for a nominal amount to allow the club to survive. Somebody at that stage would need to pick up the reins, whether it be the Roy Merryweather/Bernard Devine group or the Trust or the English Russian Banker.

Have been away for weekend and only just seen this thread. What are people supposed to do. The Trust gets slagged off for not passing on information that it may or may not have and now they are being slagged off for telling us something. I don't see what the problem is. If the guy is interested and gets involved, Fantastic, but we haven't got his money yet, so we shouldn'y be expecting it and are still reliant on Martyn Deaner. Roll on the start of the football season so we've got something to talk about. We are obviously all too bored.

Quote:
Rebel Kay said:
Have been away for weekend and only just seen this thread. What are people supposed to do. The Trust gets slagged off for not passing on information that it may or may not have and now they are being slagged off for telling us something. I don't see what the problem is. If the guy is interested and gets involved, Fantastic, but we haven't got his money yet, so we shouldn'y be expecting it and are still reliant on Martyn Deaner. Roll on the start of the football season so we've got something to talk about. We are obviously all too bored.

Kay, your right, the trust has taken some critisism and in my opinion unfairly. Nobody in there right mind would expect the Club or the Trust to divulge every piece of information to the supporters especially if it was that sensitive that it could decide the clubs future.

I think the main reason for people voicing there opinion on this matter is that we are all on tenterhooks waiting for a decision, hopefully any day now, from Martin Deaner, then we are thrown into confusion, not by the Trust telling us something but by something that we have read in the paper and in all probability is just a whim.

The reason the paper knew about this story, RR, is because Chris Sliski told Gary Chappell at the same time he told everyone which was at the Trust AGM. It is unresonable to expect Gary not to then run an article about it as it's an interesting story.

What are the Trust supposed to do? Ensure everyone is aware of the basic facts of what happened before telling Gary or Niall Campbell?!!