Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

where is Mr Maskell??

ooh!!bodyform

Tony M, I do not think they are the same, rayw only posts during office hours, and he keeps to fairly normal regular employee working times. If he is the MD of a company it must be a supremely successful one that needs very little attention, certainly out of hours, and certainly he seems to have an inordinate amount of time whilst at work to spend on here.

As a point of interest and speaking as a former lecturer for many years of Accounting, capital items do not appear in the profit and loss account. They appear in the balance sheet.

If you are seriously interested in accounting there is an excellent book by Frank Wood called Business Accounting

While Im not personally interested in accounting per se, cheers for the info. As you said capital appears in balance sheet, which in these accounts it does...my mistake.

I was trying to say that the debt wasnt quite as high as previously said. The share capital is used in the balance sheet as a reserve thus cutting down the deficit, which included previous years losses.

Quote:
jkmaskell said:
Apart from that comment his comments are pretty wide of the mark. In fact some of his comment make him look like a complete prat.

James what comments are those?

Calling for a change of ownership and saying a commercial development isnt a good thing. The poll showed a lack of understanding of the situation. A commercial development would be a good thing for MFC, but only if the finances are there.

I take back that comment. Calling you a complete prat is rude and not entirely accurate. You have made yourself unpopular with the hardcore fans with some comments though, much like me.

Quote:
jkmaskell said:
Calling for a change of ownership and saying a commercial development isnt a good thing. The poll showed a lack of understanding of the situation. A commercial development would be a good thing for MFC, but only if the finances are there.

I take back that comment. Calling you a complete prat is rude and not entirely accurate. You have made yourself unpopular with the hardcore fans with some comments though, much like me.

I think its fair enough to ask questions about the ownership of the club. Given the ongoing saga over the ground,the relegations and the huge debt.
The poll may ( but you havent really explained why)have been a misunderstanding of the situation but got some issues at least out in the open. Which is usually no bad thing.
As for commercial development. Im not against all commercial development but pointed out that clubs being over reliant on them need to be VERY sure that they are making the right move.
Some people may take the view that anyone asking questions is just causing trouble. And we have both been seen in that light by some. But i think our posts show a genuine interest in the welfare of the club.
As ive kept saying i want to see MFC as successful as possible.

That's right, James. Cambridge United fans have become very interested in CVAs and administration. It looks like they will be liquidated this week.

Given that the majority of what they owe is to the taxman, and the IR seem to be playing hardball with CUFC, it does not bode well for us. It all depends on the council giving us the planning go-ahead. If the plans go through, we'll be OK. If not, or there is another delay, it could be the end.

Stop with the business talk James. Or is that this is the only slant your mind can reach. Leave those problems,if any to the board.

Didnt you take the hint at the meeting. You really CANT know the REAL ins and outs of the club so please give it a rest,,,please. Your point has been noted...many times over and whilst first impressions of you are that you are a knowlegeble person,too much pumping in of the same old details will not in the longrun do you any favours. Quit while you are ahead..

I see once again that RAYW follows Maskell to back him up. I am wondering also now about TONY Ms thoughts of the two being the same. Its getting to be too coincidental. Maybe you are a split personality James and dont know it.

Quote:
cookie said:
I see once again that RAYW follows Maskell to back him up. I am wondering also now about TONY Ms thoughts of the two being the same. Its getting to be too coincidental. Maybe you are a split personality James and dont know it.

I think this is getting very very strange. Do people really assume that me and JM despite different views are the same person. Its a bit mad.
I talked before about a siege mentality and a few fans on here seem to be going totally overboard.
I live in London and JM seems to be very much based in Margate, what on earth are people trying to lump everyone together who ever criticised the club for?

Its just so co-incidental thats all. I dont see you disagreeing with James(no-one else seems to agree) much and I also notice that you also give out figures,unsubstantiated,similar to those that he puts across.

Whats living in different places got to do with anything?

The fact remains that as SUPPORTERS we should SUPPORT and keep our minds on the actual footballing side of things and tryto promote the club more. We are not here to run the club and to concern ourselves with the nitty gritty of things outside of that. If things go belly up then of course we will want some answers as we do for the councils delaying tactics in the past. But unless someone like James wishes to actually DO something concerning his posts then sit back enjoy the football and generally promote and support this fine club and leave those things he THINKS he is able to change to those that DO know, do care, do have facts and do want this club to thrive. They are no mugs James and Rawy.

"I don't see you disagreeing with James".

James did call rayw a prat. In any case would the moderator be able to verify whether their postings have different ISP numbers?

"We are not here to run the club and to concern ourselves with the nitty gritty of things outside of that."

Yes, let's not worry our pretty little heads with minor issues like whether MFC will exist in a couple of months.

Look, Coffin Ender, we can worry all we like but that does not actually help anything, unless we are officials or directors or shareholders in the club. Our task is to support the efforts and try to build on that. The more support we can encourage, the greater the revenue, the less the threat of financial difficulties.

What we need to do is challenge those folk who come here and sound off their opinions based on flawed information, or inadequate understanding. KP has said that if we want to know anything, we can ask, and he has given us ample opportunity to do so. Some of the detractors of the club just aren't interested in the facts, only their agendas.

Look at how many times this old chestnut of lack of permission to demolish the old ground keeps coming up. All people have to so is ask KP for a sight of the document giving permission and it's gone away - he even brought it to the meeting if I remember correctly. But if we do not challenge the people who bang on about it ad nauseam it slips into common knowledge and people believe it is true.

There are many other things that have been said on here, sometimes quite personally damaging to people, that are equally false. If we are not vigilant, they will get believed also, not everyone who looks on here has followed our fortunes that closely, or lives near enough to go to meetings and have things explained.

The club has said it is going forward with confidence. Considering that everything else they have said about the situation has happened, I would tend to share that.