Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Tostao Kwashi

fleetboy14

what an intriguing debate on a sunday afternoon!! I happen to think tostao could still cut it in the conference. However the problem now is he has been out of this level of football for a long time and he is playing at a very low level. he isnt better than jacko or moussa but he isnt far behind. Although i thought he was great - i wouldnt bring him back as he doesnt have the mental ability of jacko or the pace of moussa. Nice bloke - great footballer - conference level - BUT NO higher.

Quote:
no but have Moussa on the left and tostao on the right. get rid of jackson

Mike thats a fantastic idea, you could be the next Sven Goran Erickson.
Of course I have never seen Moussa play on the left but just the other week I did watch a similar experiment. Lee Gledhill, normally a competent if unspectacular right back was forced to play left back against Histon.....great wasn't it.
Oh and your other point was "get rid of jackson" won't happen mate, when they stop paying him he will still be there, he will just pay at the gate like the rest of the fans.

Quote:
no but have Moussa on the left and tostao on the right. get rid of jackson

Mike you haven't got a clue. Moussa on the left??
Didn't hear a lot of dissent from the fans when Tostao left, just because he's doing so well three leagues down the pyramid, bring him back eh?? Definitely a Sven moment!!

Sorry, but I think Tosty could still cut it in the Conference, especially if he he hasn't got Strouts yelling at him for no reason!! He might not have the pace of Moussa but he still has great skill and is, forgive me for this, entertaining. He's often been played as a stiker at Dartford with good results and who'se to say he couldn't do the same for us in that position. After all, our current strike force isn't exactly setting the Conference alight, is it? You can slag me off all you like but Tosty is one of my favourite players and given the chance, he could shine at this level once again. But on the left? Get real!

To be honest, I'd say Tostao could potentially be successful in Conference South, but he was ineffective more often than not for us in my view. Granted, when he did deliver, like against Hereford at home in the 3-0 win, it was spectacular, but it didn't really happen often enough. In fact, much the same could be said about Moussa, who has made little impression since his two goals against Stevenage.

Surely the reason Ford let him go was exactly because he did not cut it on a consistent basis in the conference and in reply to John@the fleet comments

Perhaps they don't call him '[****!!****]' like a few of our lot did. I've spoken to Tosty a few times in the past since his Fleet days when I sponsored him and, believe you me, he has a real soft spot for us but he's moved on and he's found his new admirers and supporters, albeit at a lower level. He's being loyal to them, as he would have been to us if he'd still been a Fleet player. Maybe there's a lesson to be learnt there.

Ford gave him more than enough chances to tow the party line.