Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

That's it

Barry Scott

Blimey!

What a tough gig! Football is litterd with chairman/benefactors being berated for one reason or another. Even Blackburn and Wolves fans have at times turned on their owners, 'come on Walker open your wallet, £200 million is not enough!'

Deaner has never been Mr Communication, never exactly good with a watch/calender. He may not be here but his money is. He has not said anything about pulling out so like it says above enjoy the fact we are pulling up trees on the pitch even if we are sticky off it. Not sure I feel 'milked' at seven notes a game but maybe I'm just overpaid.As for planning for the future nothing to stop you, go ahead.

Some Do Some Talk. Some see the solution Some see the problem.

Well it's not often someone agrees with me.

I may be being really pessimistic but i can't see a happy solution to any of this. I'd put myself up for election but I've got sod all ideas for how to solve the current crisis so i'll keep me gob shut from now on

KoC

You may well be right KoC about there not being a happy solution, but this was probably true when you came to the Salisbury game on Tuesday, the Thurrock game on Sunday etc. By all means be frustrated, we all are. But don't let that get in the way of what I know you love doing, coming to matches and supporting the side.

not changing my mind in the near future, i'm going to be out of a job in a fortnight and I need the money and this is the sensible option (No, I'm not giving up the smokes either!)

Chris,

Perhaps the issue is that we need to make sure that we are raising cash on many fronts - people need to participate in a way that suits them.

We need to develop sponsorship and Marcus and I have contracted to try and start to contact smaller companies to see if we can attract even small help. One of the things that is not clear at all is who takes responsibility for what.

We are happy to try and sell advertising around the ground, in the programme and on the website, as well as sponsorship, but who should we talk to - the Trust or the club? If the Club, who? FRUS, Martyn Deaner, Roy, Bernard or who?

I and my colleagues run our own business and we make sure that we all know what each of us is supposed to be doing, and that way we get things done. With STFC, all this stuff appears to be covered in mystery.

I am very sure we have a lot of the skills around the supporters to make an impact on all this, all we need is direction, to make sure we are all playing to the same game plan.

Now is the time, as Liam (KOC) has very effectively exposed, for leadership - somebody or some Body such as the Trust, needs to seize the initiative and start to try and get things moving. OK, the Farnham Sports ground thing I raised may not be appropriate, but at least we tried to get something moving if only that it is no good.

I think our best option would be for the council to say to a developer, "OK, we will agree to that development, provided that you agree to allow part of the site to be a new Football stadium for STFC." That would allow Mr Deaner, or some other backer, an opportunity to put forward plans for that part of the development to include a money raising activity for providing funds to run the club. But we need to find the land. We must get a central group - and I would suggest the Trust, to be collecting suggestions, such as Farnham or the Langley site you suggested and push the council over these.

There are people ready to help but we really need some leadership and direction if all the good will generated by the performances on the pitch are not to go to waste.

The Trust is ideally placed to provide that.

Let's do it! Provide the leadership and people will join!

as far as this season goes (yeah I'm back), how many matchball sponsors do we have? Would it be worth the trust sending out some letters to various local companies or the local chamber of commerce offering matchball sponsor ship with a few free child tickets thrown in?

As for next year (if there is none, natch), why not set aside one home game a month as Kids For A Quid and circulate the news through various local schools etc?

Sorry to hear about the job King.

The kids for a quid scheme is something that I know Roy supporters and approaches have been made to local schools on several occasions. I like the idea of making it monthly and will cetainly be suggesting it the next time the board meet up. But that is a club decision.

I think the match ball sponsorship etc is usually sorted by our regulars and the Barmy Army but getting "outsiders" to join in would be better. We have already tried ringing round local companies but it is certainly worth having another go in light of our recent success.

Beaconsfield are currently trying to recruit a commercial manager to attract additional revenue. Obviously they have their clubhouse to let out but the point is that the role is based purely on commission.

If Slough were to adopt a similar approach and employ some tenacious young person who could sell sponsorship on a commission only basis then it costs nothing other than a proportion of the revenue generated. It would help if we had more to sell than advertising space and match sponsorship but it could be a way of increasing funds.