Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Top Ten Games at gravesend Ever Ever Ever

I have one,and I remember the Wimbledon replay we played like a team possessed,really good football and so cruelly lost to that Cork header.

And i'm old enough to remember the Sunderland game,Skingley sliding in to get the equaliser.

One thing I recall about the Notts. Forest match was John Robertsons' constant whingeing and he got a fair bit of stick from the crowd for his trouble.

I can't recall the season, but does anyone remember the season when Dave Bostock couldn't stop scoring.

Quote:
I have one,and I remember the Wimbledon replay we played like a team possessed,really good football and so cruelly lost to that Cork header.
And i'm old enough to remember the Sunderland game,Skingley sliding in to get the equaliser.
One thing I recall about the Notts. Forest match was John Robertsons' constant whingeing and he got a fair bit of stick from the crowd for his trouble.
I can't recall the season, but does anyone remember the season when Dave Bostock couldn't stop scoring.

Remember Boddie well. What a pairing him and Ports would have made - with Cotter playing behind them..

How about the Southern League Cup final in 78 V Weymouth.

Possibly not a classic 90 mins, but tense as you like, and you'll struggle for a better 30 mins than the extra time - a goal either side of the interval - Steve Brown piledriver from inside the box (after an impossible Georgie Jacks cross) and a Brian Woolfe header to put it beyond doubt!

And the Forest game - especially going one up!!

Knocking Barnet out the FA Trophy in a Tuesday night replay: Kevin Wallace opened the scoring, they equalised 2nd half, but John Palmer scored at the death to send us through. Next round's win in a replay at Kettering was even more dramatic, but not a home game. 1 down with 10 minutes to go, then 2 headers, both from crosses from the left, the equaliser by Andy Douglas & the winner a diving spectacular from Gary Julians.

Best of the lot, though has to be outplaying Colchester 2-0 in the FA Cup: one straight from a free kick out on the wide right by Jacko in the 1st half, sealed in the 2nd with a Peter Mortley drive which the keeper palmed up into his own net.

Close behind these, walloping Morecambe 6-0 & both games against Exeter at home last season (with Roy's goal down there being one of the best ever by a 'Fleet player.)

Graham S

cinderford cup replay - arrived 3 minutes late, 1 nil up and 87 minutes of 'your [censored] and you know you are'!

Also against Havant in the penultimate game of the southern league championship season - Cotter mugging the keeper for the first and then the floodlights flickering but staying on. Left the ground and all of northfleet and Gravesend was in a power cut!