Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Gravesend vs Slough

BFR

Another favourable draw - to be honest, if we don't make the quarter-finals for the first time ever this time, after three consecutive home draws against lower-division opposition, we probably never will. A great opportunity which we must try to snatch with both hands - although, as I.C. has indicated, our last couple of games against Slough didn't go all that well.

Quote:
Drury, along with Surey and Pullen are the only players good enough to play in the Football league.

Might agree with Surey on a good day, and possibly Pullen too, bearing in mind our increased number of clean sheets since his arrival. However, surely Drury is far too inconsistent to play in the league. Admittedly he played well in the second half on Saturday and we missed his creativity at the Glyn Hopkin Stadium last week, but his Jekyll and Hyde display against Histon suggested to me that he'd struggle above the Conference.

I reckon it could easily be 7 Conference sides plus (probably) Grays, in the quarter finals - I would think the most likely upsets would be Canvey v Bishops Stortford as BS have some decent results in cups this year, and, although I sincerely hope it isnt an upset, our game against Slough.

Given that it has been suggested that the Conference is not as good this year, if it were to happen that 7 Conference sides were to be in the quarters, that thought would be rather shot apart (unless you argue that the other leagues are all weaker as well)

That's right, Alan. It's not necessarily contradictory to say that the Conference is both 'weaker' and 'more competitive' this season. Clearly, occurrences like Aldershot being second having lost nine games can suggest either a relatively poor side being in second or one of many strong sides taking points off each other.