Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Trophy draw here

BFR

Off topic from the trophy but....

Brighton Rebel - I notice that the Lewes board have made a statement saying that it won't be possible to get the Dripping Pan up to scratch by April. Looking at the some of the posts on their forum some fans appear to be quite surprised by this. Given I know you're friendly with some Lewes supporters I'd thought I'd ask you if they really think their ground had any prospect of getting passed??? It is surely one of the worst kept secrets of non-league football that the Pan as it is falls well short of conference requirements. Perhaps while they're moaning about people moving goalposts perhaps you should bring up a tale about 49 seats, or lack of.

Their only 'problem' is that they've had such a meteoric rise over the last few years. That ground needs a LOT of money poured into it to get it up to Conference standard - (is it even Conference South standard? - I thought they were able to play in the competition on the proviso that they sort it out within a couple of years, as per new ground gradings)

Ground improved?? No chance !! Trouble is that we're considering a new stadium, so we're not likely to spend fortunes on the ground.

The roof of the stands has been patched up better, but the guttering still leaks if it rains and you'll get covered in rust if the ball lands on the roof above you !

The pitch is probably far better than it was when you last played there, however.

Anyway, most of our supporters still like the place overall, as it gives the feel of an old football league ground, even if even if the finer points arent the best.

As for the players, Bunce and Pullen are Cup Tied, so you can discount them.

But a new manager should be announced tomorrow, so who knows who he will be, and what changes he will make?