Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Trophy draw here

BFR

I am quite happy with that draw. I prefer it when we are tested by higher level opponents and whilst obviously they will be firm favourites - we have nothing to lose going into this game. Shame it is away as I would have fancied our chances more at home but you can't say that cup draws have been unkind this season. Looking forward to it.

Just found a Gravesend Website, they say

"Gravesend and Northfleet today went into the fifth round draw of the FA Trophy and were the first team pulled out.

The draw has provided The Fleet with one of the easiest ties they could have hoped for, a home tie against Slough Town. " website

Little do they know....

Quote:
Just found a Gravesend Website, they say

"Gravesend and Northfleet today went into the fifth round draw of the FA Trophy and were the first team pulled out.

The draw has provided The Fleet with one of the easiest ties they could have hoped for, a home tie against Slough Town. " website

Little do they know....

This website is run by a joke of a man. Paul Harrison former programme editor who left the club after throwing his toys out of the pram in december. Please don't associate this man with our club, he is a joke.

On paper HR, he is right. A home tie against one of the three lowest ranked teams left in the competition (other two being Eastwood and Stamford/Walton). A home tie is important in a cup competition, a home tie against a team from two divisions below in the last 16 is about as good as can be hoped for.

In any case, as Harry has indicated, the site you pulled the quote from does not seem to meet the consensual opinion. The official Fleet website G&N Website is currently offline but I'm sure that would treat us with more respect

I think everyone is agreed what a good season we have had so far, and was just looking briefly through the fixture list and we have already played 36 with another guaranteed 20 fixtures to play, must be almost a record for slough as the most games played in a season! Hopefully we will have a squad strong enough to fulfil all these fixtures what with inevitable injuries and suspensions that will come with all the games. Ps does anyone know how many games Mets get banned for? Usually you get a 1 game ban for 2 yellows but does the fact he has already been sent off this season come into it and get another game ban? I think he has been sent off this season already hasn`t he? or am i getting confused?

I don't remember Mets getting sent off for us this season. He was shown the red card whilst playing for us at Arlesey a couple of years back but not since his return from Northwood. I think Mike Murphy is our only other player to be shown red this year, though I'm sure Radders and his magic stats book can confirm or rectify my assessment.

gosh this could be a tricky draw and possibly with league rules similer to wycombes may apply but there was no problem with wycombe because they are freindly but alert to anyone causing trouble'swareing or sitting or standing in the wrong places. i think paul w was great at slough and we need to be friendly with him as we had many great seasons with him. i used to talk with him many a time with the match details and sometimes evon over a drink in the clubhouse at are old wexam grond. i feel that we have had a friend here we will never forget and make friends with him again evon if we losse and bow out. i feel his saves years and years ago have given himself a good platform for his family club down there and gravesend a teem for the future in the national conferance and hope to go down there and just have a good day out . win losse or draw. come on you mighty rebels

god bless all on the tough road and fixtures to come

dave programes

Oh well yet another 250 mile round trip for a cup game. Hereford away would have been ideal as only 45 minutes away. If the ref had got his way it would have been Thurrock through anyway. The joys of M4, M3, M25 on a Saturday lunchtime.

Am I ever going to see the Rebels down this way !