Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

To the idiot . .

Richard C

Whilst I would never support abusing or swearing at our own players I think that there are times when they should be rightly criticised. If a player is not putting inthe effort (and we all know that we get a few of them from time to time) why should those who pay their wages not voice their disapproval.

You will never hear someone like Steve Mc being criticised as he always gives 110% but we could all question the motivation of one or two others at times and that is fair comment in my book as long as it is not personal abuse. ie "Come on xxxx earn your money" is ok but "xxxx you w*****" is not. There is a difference.

Yes, sadly this does seem to be a trend that is starting, I agree some things should never be said, and certainly not shouted about your own team. and some words not said about about anyone.

Sadly as I have said in a previous post about Dagenham, if yu cannot have the guts to say it to the payers face, then please keep quiet, shouting abuse at players is not clever. They and we all could give 100 reasons why so and so was better than so and so, we all have different opinions about players ( just ask FleetBabe). But when all is said and done we are there and yes we pay our £10.00 etc etc. But please, please, if they miss an open goal, or in your opinion are not giving it 100%, count to ten and then try and shout something encouraging. Sadly as someone who has supported the Fleet for a fair time, it always seems that the people who shout the loudest abuse, are usually the one's when we win something with there face in the pic, with the team on the field after the presentation.

Rose colour specs I do not have, and get as angry and fed-up as the rest of the supporters, but I have yet to speak to a player who did not want GNFC to do well, and they are as disappointed with a drop in form or a bad match as we all are.

It's a team effort on the field, lets try and make a team effort off it as well.

Don't agree at all....

What’s wrong with shouting abuse at a player who doesn’t give a hundred percent commitment for the club?

I work hard all week, and if after paying my £10 admission fee I see a player strolling around the pitch not giving his all then I will call him whatever I see fit. Same goes for players at any level Conference to Premiership.

As for turning genuine fans away by shouting abuse at players, that nonsense. Fans have shouted at players at every level since football began, its part of the sport, letting of a bit of steam on a Saturday.

And as for being a ‘cowardly little fart and abusing people I’d run a mile from in real life’, that’s ******* as well. Firstly is this person trying to say that if a fan wasn’t physically well equipped enough to give a player a good shoeing then he doesn’t deserve to voice his opinion? And secondly that couldn’t be further from the truth. If someone doesn’t like what I’m saying, you’re more than entitled to come over and say so, I’m not hiding anywhere. We think nothing of shouting abuse at other team’s supporters knowing full well that we could bump into them in the street or pub and don’t care.

It’s all part of football, if you don’t like it then don’t come. It’s not like there’s not enough other leisure pursuits to indulge you in.

Quote:
Don't agree at all....

What’s wrong with shouting abuse at a player who doesn’t give a hundred percent commitment for the club?

I work hard all week, and if after paying my £10 admission fee I see a player strolling around the pitch not giving his all then I will call him whatever I see fit. Same goes for players at any level Conference to Premiership.

As for turning genuine fans away by shouting abuse at players, that nonsense. Fans have shouted at players at every level since football began, its part of the sport, letting of a bit of steam on a Saturday.

And as for being a ‘cowardly little fart and abusing people I’d run a mile from in real life’, that’s ******** as well. Firstly is this person trying to say that if a fan wasn’t physically well equipped enough to give a player a good shoeing then he doesn’t deserve to voice his opinion? And secondly that couldn’t be further from the truth. If someone doesn’t like what I’m saying, you’re more than entitled to come over and say so, I’m not hiding anywhere. We think nothing of shouting abuse at other team’s supporters knowing full well that we could bump into them in the street or pub and don’t care.

It’s all part of football, if you don’t like it then don’t come. It’s not like there’s not enough other leisure pursuits to indulge you in.

Exactly....

You make some good points.

Firtsly you pay your may and make your choice, its up to you what you do. However if you do shout abuse at players then you have to take it from fellow fans.

Secondly you say you would say it to the players face. Unfortunatly at you don't get this opportunity at Premiership level but you could meet the Gravesend players in the social bar afterwards and voice your oppinions to their faces. You wouldn't get kicked out.

Finally you tackle the fan who said they don't go anymore because of the abuse fans shout at players. This fan should still attend you say. Then you stick by your decision to abuse the players saying "If you don't like it stay away." Explain yourself.

Okay, firstly I don’t believe that the fans that don’t go anymore because of abuse aimed at players actually exist in the first place. I think that the statement in made up by someone who does go but doesn’t like abuse and wants a reaction or from someone who doesn’t go because we are going through a bad patch at the moment.

Maybe I didn’t explain myself very well. Whilst I encorage new supporters to attend matches at Stonebridge Road, I accept that abuse towards players and supporters is part of football and shouldn’t not be changed. Whilst some people may find other things to do on a rainy Saturday afternoon in January other than paying a tenner to stand in the cold and watch your team defeated, I can’t I enjoy it – it’s football. If I wanted warmth, and for everyone to sit in a silent comfort then I’d go the cinema or opera (or perhaps take in a Premiership games nowadays).

I don’t believe that any die hard Fleet fan would stay away on the strength of abuse towards player – if they’ve stuck with the club this long then they wouldn’t turn there backs now. The abuse has always been there, if they didn’t like it then they wouldn’t have returned for a second game. Like I say, I welcome new supporters, but don’t expect to come along and moan about it when you arrive.

The authorities and television money has ruined Premiership football. Paying £30 (if you lucky) to sit in an atmosphere free stadium watching overpaid players who show very little or no loyalty towards their clubs and even less towards the fans isn’t enjoyment as far as I’m concerned. Sky television, all-seater stadia, sales of merchandise to the Far East and so on are slowly bringing about the downfall of football in this country. Watching a top-flight football match in this country used to be an experience, with a whole sub-culture attached to it. The atmosphere, the characters, the noise, and the terraces – it’s not the same now, it’s all about money – who can spend the most, what players earn the most, which clubs can get away with dipping fans pockets for the most.

Actually long term supporters such as myself are affescted by the thoughtless shouted remarks of an ill considered nature. I now try and stand away from the tea bar area perfectionists who expect our players to be world class and who show their displeasure when inevitably they aren't. I have remonstrated with them at times when for example they cheer on our opponents. They are morons. I have no idea why they turn up week after week.

When you are as committed and passionate about your football, off corse your emotions are gonna run high. And, if slagging off people who are upsetting you emotionally helps you deal with the situation, then why not...!?!

I bet once the game is over, complete calm is restored.. it's just one of those 'heat of the moment' situations. No malice, no detrement and definately no real urge for a punch up..!!

Damn, I should be on Trisha...!! How sad....!

Don’t expect the players to be world class, just expect a reasonable effort, and as for you seeing fleet fans cheer on the opposition are you for real? I’ve never seen a single supporter do that, so don’t come it eh…

And how exactly are you ‘affected’? traumatised are we? Pathetic. Like I said earlier. When I pay my admission fee as far as I’m concerned it allows me to or say what I like. Its football, criticism and abuse have been there since day one. Live with it.

Whilst all of the anonymous' posters make fair comments, the fact of the matter remains that shouting abuse at a player gets at his confidence. No confidence = poor performance. In the end, you're just making things worse for us. If you feel a player is lacking in effort, shout at him encouragement, tell him to start putting in the effort. Do not shout mindless abuse at hime that is going to want to turn a good player away from this club because of a few idiots in the crowd.

Sorry i was the anonymous poster between JC and Bloodneck, and the abuse is one of the reasons i got fed up, and i moved from the halfway line, further down towards teahut, and always stood behind the goal in the 2nd half if kicking the correct way, still heard the slagging off.

True you should dismiss it, but some players seem to get it more than others, even Andy suffered.

Unfortunatly i lost a lot of interest in football at the time, but i miss it, and i still view this forum so i know what goes on, anonymous are entitled to their views and it is their own choice to register, so i will from now on.

Oh yeah and before you all have a go and tell me told you so.

It's Mepis

So would you agree with a two fingered gesture aimrd at one of our playersn I saw the other week in front of the tea hut? Won't say who it was, but the person is a regular supporter.

How far do you tolerate "abuse"?? If you allow the players to be called W*****s, or "C***S, is there any real difference to the racial abuse that some players have received this season? (and I'm not referring to Fleet players here, but rather to players throughout various levels of the game in general).

The answer, to be fair, is probably "Yes", but that said, its not too far different and unreasonable.

Unfortunately, however, swearing is a part of society in general these days - I, for one, dont swear for the most part, and I dont believe others should either, but I know thats not the reality of things.

On the whole, though, its not swearing at players that annoys me, its fans simply looking to pick holes in our players, no matter what.

A player can be having an outstanding match and then make one mistake, and suddenly, these idiots are on his back for the rest of the match.

They just seem to want the players to fail and very rarely offer positive praise.

Again, I can accept fans who criticise players provided they also offer praise when a player does well.

So, come on you moaners, lets here you praising as well as moaning - too many of you dont offer both.

I am registered. I am kmj. Unfortunately my password will no longer let me onto the forum. I tried to re- register with a new name but it was already allocated to someone else although I cannot remember this being used. I am trying to settle on a new name to register under. I have been a supporter of the Fleet since the early 1960s. I can assure you the remarks I have heard are genuine even though they sometimes defy belief. You either do not stand near the moaners or perhaps you are one of them but do not wish to admit it. Oh, and add Che to the list of their victims!