Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Hayes v Hornchurch

Dagger03

>>>Can anyone explain to me why their number 7 (Williams) wasn't booked? He must have committed about 9 or 10 fouls (out of their, at very least 20+ fouls) one or two of which were probably worthy of a booking by themselves.

The number seven WAS booked - 52 mins - right in the middle of the pitch, about ten yards out from the Hayes penalty area. (I think it was Douglas who was receiving treatment at the time following the foul.) The referee got his book out, spoke to him, then got interrupted by two other Hayes players. The number seven quickly ran off into the wall. What happened next was not entirely clear, but it seemed the referee looked for him, could not find him - he was by this time obscured by the Hayes wall - then put his book away. Both myself and Jay were fairly certain that the did not wave the yellow card - therefore, when is a booking not a booking ?

Answer - when the referee cannot find the player

he intends to book.

I do not think that the number seven committed the most fouls - I thought it was number nine.

I gave up counting the number of free kicks - it was in the region of thirty - Billy Drake was the only player who was not fouled - he only came on in the final minute though.