Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Kinnear keen to take Fleet reins

Bate'o

He certainly was there last night - but I'd me more inclined to say he was just checking out two local sides for scouting purposes than anything else. After all, consensus among both Margate and Gravesend fans seems to be that he will be loyal to Margate provided things work out for them regarding Hartsdown Park.

Personally I think what we need is someone who can guarantee us conference standard football for the next few seasons, whilst it gives a chance for the off the pitch activities a chance to catch up with our new found status.

Then and only then will we be in a position to sensibly push on.

I see no reason why CK couldn't be the man to do that, as he has a proven pedigree of achieving this with smaller clubs than ourselves.

Unfortunately, we are just not ready for full time or league football at the moment.

Lets look at The Fleet's options:

Garry Hill - too expensive, would probably want to work with full-time players. His success was based on players that are now past their sell-by-date.

Chris Kinnear - willing to work with part time players, on a low budget - would keep the bulk of Andy's squad and recruit some of the better Margate players i.e. Greg Oates and Rocky Baptiste. Worked wonders at Dover. Sideways step but might just work.

Andy Hesenthaler - Fantastic appointment but would want to work with full-time players. The Fleet aren't ready to go full-time. The Board would be commiting financial suicide and with everything else that has gone on this season, Fleet fans would rightfully begin fearing for the future of the Club. To closely linked with Gillingham at this present time.

Adrian Pennock - No Managerial experience until recently. Just signed a contract for Welling - wouldn't look good on his CV.

McKimm / McCarthy - Not a chance. No disrespect meant but don't have any managerial experience.

Brian Kilcullen - The new Stan Flashman of football! Well not quite, but seem to recall Lionel Ball had a 100% managerial record.

Tommy Sampson - No thanks!

Steve King (Lewes F.C.) - worked wonders there and could be a dark horse.

Personnally think it will be Chris Kinnear, with shock outside favourite being Steve King. Maybe the Club could open a book and start taking bets!

I dont think any of us can tell who the next manager will be without knowing the full "runners and riders".

We're all looking only at the obvious candidates and , of those, CK is probably the favourite, but by the sounds of things, there have been a number of applications from individuals whose names probably havent even been thought of by anyone on this board and it wouldnt be the biggest surprise if one of these came to be our next manager.