Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

From Radio Kent

Heard part of the interview on the football round up on RK this evening and SE dismissed the business plan totally again but what was not clear was whether he had the independent surveyors report or was just referring to the clubs original proposals/plans. Would he have had time to read the independent report as the interview was allegedly live at 8.20am. When was the surveyors report handed in?

S.E. seems to have had his busiest day so far with the radio and press. He really has been everywhere today and in many case has said things that seem doom to us but on the other hand has given hope too. He told us today that whatever happens he will continue to help us to get back to Hartsdown with whatever help he can advise us on or in fact with whatever help he can help us with. He would work with us in the aim. He would like to work with us on getting back home(He did mention as a club) though he also mentioned it could be Kent League. Whatever damn league we be in its better than none at all. Conference south is of course our aim but if the worst comes to the worst and he keeps his promise then we should think of that as a way of continuing with the club. Last case scenario I know but its better than having no club at all.

So the last 46 years would be gone and back to the Kent League.

Should be erect a statue to Ezekiel outside the new pitch (no point having walls around the place at that level) like Bremner at Elland Road, Wright at Wolves, and Chapman at Arsenal...to the man who shaped our future and helped Margate be remembered for all the wrong reasons.

I am talking about the WORST scenario we could have.. Of course, as I said before, we shouldnt be forced into the situation and no-one,least of all me, wants to go down that road but it IS a hope for a future whether we like it or not. We are STILL however in the game so to speak so with this in mind we should all keep those heads up.

We are not dead yet! Just trying to rear those heads up from today. Think some, me included at times today, are fearing the worst. But I have bucked up now so I thought I would pass on this new-found optimism I find myself in tonight to others. We must keep believing, we must keep trying to persuade those that deem to kill us off from not doing so.I have had mixed emotions today but I am going to bed OPTIMISTIC again.

Here's the thing - listening to S.E. yesterday I did get the clear impression that he is totally unconcerned about what level of football he has at Hartsdown. The achievements of the present team seem to mean nothing, and a nice little pub team playing at home will keep all of us happy...

I am not sure if I want anything but Chris Kinnear's blue and white army, I am afraid. There has to be some justice to all the players, staff and club officials who have struggled so much for so long. We lose it - are we going to get it back? How long do you reckon that would take?

I have thought about this again and though the drop down to the K.L. would indeed be a saviour to us the thoughts that I am coming too are that maybe this was Ezkiels plan all the time therefore I do take back what I said previously and go with those others that think we should hold onto what we have. My mind is racing overtime at the moment as to what we can do, who is to blame,why are the council taking their time, why isnt the club putting out anything etc.

As for the above it dawns on me that yes Ezekiel may well help us, and I keep remembering him yesterday harping on about the kent league. I also recall a long while ago him stating that it would be best to drop to conferencee south to progress. So with all that in mind can possibly now see his strategy.

To help us yes, but in the lowest league we are allowed to play in.After running out of time at every ground-share. His help would then be nothing like it would if we were still in the conference as ground build wouldnt be as expensive to re-build lower down the pyraamid. Together with this it would please the residents as the commotion on match days should be less in their/his opinion.

He probably thinks the crowds would be less and they probably would. No commercial aspects to worry about and no worries about parking. Yes,thinking about it again and again have now come to the conclusion that this is his aim. Agree with you MargateFan that maybe we shouldnt accept that avenue after all. Then we have to hope and hope that this decision we are waiting on is a positive one because if it isnt then Ezekiel's plans would then be on its way to completion. No,after more serious consideration we have to fight on and try and maintain the momentum and status that we have at the moment. If thats the way he is playing it then its wrong, and his plans need stifling. FIGHT ON, YES, AGREE.

Would just like to add that in my previous post I wasnt suggesting that we were to accept the K.L. but to be assured that at the least we would survive. Maybe it would be best to fight until the DEATH after all to maintain the status we have. Agree also that all this hard work over the years should not be wasted at the expense of a football hating council who only have their own interests at heart and who put their fingers up at the community and their needs.

Quote:
Here's the thing - listening to S.E. yesterday I did get the clear impression that he is totally unconcerned about what level of football he has at Hartsdown. The achievements of the present team seem to mean nothing, and a nice little pub team playing at home will keep all of us happy...

I am not sure if I want anything but Chris Kinnear's blue and white army, I am afraid. There has to be some justice to all the players, staff and club officials who have struggled so much for so long. We lose it - are we going to get it back? How long do you reckon that would take?

at least 10 years and thats if we flew through the leagues

Ceefax page 394 may be all the proof we need that maybe this IS his HIDDEN AGENDA.

"Council determined to help the "gate"

SO MAYBE THIS ISNT ABOUT FIGHTING FOR THE CLUB TO REMAIN IN EXSISTENCE BUT TO FIGHT FOR WHICH LEAGUE WE PLAY IN.

With reference to the above.

I dont want any other team apart from our existing margate fc in the conference playin at hartsdown. No-one should think that this is a possible alternative. To think of sunday footballers playing on hartsdown completely destroys the work of the club in the last 10 years.

I play sunday football and certainly wouldnt pay to watch myself. Quite frankly there are not many footballers in thanet that would come up to scratch.SE AND ANYONE WITH THESE STUPID IDEAS. LISTEN TO US. WE DONT WANT A KENT LEAGUE SIDE.

HELP US GET OUR NEW GROUND.

Paul Howard (local resident)

Chris Howard (local resident)

Ron Hewett (lifetime supporter)

I am not completely disheartened yet, as I think in Gary Lever we have an astute businessman, and he has been firmly committed to the club since coming on board. I cannot believe for an instant that, with so much at stake, the development team would not have ensured that dotting the i's, crossing the t's, and providing all that was necessary has been done.

But this has been dragging on so long that I find it hard to believe that starving the club out of existence, and then letting the plebs have a little team to keep them quiet has not been the council's agenda. Else about a year ago or so, could they have not laid out in writing EXACTLY what they needed, in what format they wanted it expressed, to really help the club comply with their somewhat exacting terms and conditions?

The fact that we have had no announcement from the club does not worry me too much at this stage, the more comprehensive their response, the longer it will take to scrutinize.

In the meantime, we have Chris's blue and white army playing today, and that is the team I am interested in following.