Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

did i see

I saw him in the bar before the game. am amazed others did not see him. guess he was in the seating area cos he was not at either end or the side. could not see in to the seats though.

how snidey on the same night fordy quit. maybe fordy saw him too and that was the final nail n the coffin, jumped before pushed maybe???

i do not want hill, i will personally abuse him every game if he comes to us.

i am officially making myself chairman of the we hate hill brigade. all applicants will be admitted to the brigade.

Quote:
i do not want hill, i will personally abuse him every game if he comes to us.
i am officially making myself chairman of the we hate hill brigade. all applicants will be admitted to the brigade.

well, you will be the only member. I wont be joining as i believe in giving the next manager a chance and if the board pick Gary Hill then I will support him.

Quote:
I want Gary Hill as our next manager. Were the Daggers in the same position than us when he took over? Or better or worse anyone know?

The Daggers were a top three Ryman side when Garry Hill took over. His finishes were Ryman Champs, 3rd Conference, 2nd Conference, 5th and play off final Conference, 13th (although he left in April).

As stated elsewhere, most of the squad in the first four of those seasons were Ted Hardy's side from the Ryman. Garry got the best out of them, but when it came to rebuilding didn't buy well.

The trouble is we have an ageing team - Bunce 29, Macarthy 33,Ports late 20's, Skins 32, Jacko late 20's, Macca late 20's, Roy has been around a while.

Some of these are slowing down and will need replacing next season.

What we need is a manager who can spot a good young replacement, not a manager who can get the best out of what he already has, as what he already has is already barely good enough for the Conference.

On this premise, it would rule out Garry Hill.

Can't totally agree CG. Some of our lads are 'mature' players. What we, like most teams need, is a good combination of youth and maturity, exuberance and wisdom. This will only work if the players want to play for us, some of ours don't always give that impression, agreed. You can't make wholesale changes to a side and expect them to settle down straight away. So, change and improve things gradually.

A good point redneck, but to expand my point a bit, a number of our players such as Mooro,Shears, Jacko, Skins, McCarthy, Roy to name a few, are/were done for pace when confronted by a quick young 'un.

This new quicker, slicker, mainly full time Conference is filled with young blood keen to make a name on the football market, and our "mature" experienced players are invariably found wanting when confronted not just by skill but with pace as well.

Quality pacy young players are out there - we let Allan Tait go to Crawley, for example. Granted he is still a "fringe" player, but he does seem to have a big future.

It is players such as this we need to bring on.

We have some good youngsters at the Club (or on loan, such as Luke moore, Tom Davis, Nick Haarhy, Taff Islam to name 4, and it is to these the club should be looking, as well as bringing in a couple of new faces.

I am not saying make immediate wholesale change - that would as you quite rightly said be folly, but somewhere in the next 15 games, invcrease the average SPEED of the players at the club if we are to make improvements.

As I said, Garry Hill has a proven track record for getting the best out of players at his disposal. My arguement is that the players any manager will inherit are aready playing to their best, albeit not with the correct tactics.

Mr Hill is probably (and this is not a critisism of him) not as good as others at spotting young players of the future with massive potential.

I am ambivoulant as to whether the board appoint him.

I will support him as I support Fleet.

I just think that for some very specific reasons he is not the right man for the job.

If we wern't doing the best we could, fine. But we already are.