Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

ANDY GO NOW

Reality check. We are still in the Trophy, better than our traditional record in the competition. Doing well in that will get the club much-needed revenue, something for the future.

Are our players really that good? So, I hear you cry, 'bring in some new players!'. However, it's not as easy as that: until we get some money, what's Fordy supposed to do? It's already been said that the difference between the sides today was Johnny Dixon, a league player. We can't compete with that.

People got over-excited at our 'amazing' recent run. The general consensus seemed to be that we'd turned a corner, but that was rubbish. Don't get your hopes up too much guys, four clean sheets against relatively poor opposition (Crawley excepted) isn't that great...

Last year we did better than expected, mainly owing to our end of season form. The players who brought us that form were Roy (out of sorts), Moore (who deteriorated rapidly this year) and Perkins (gone). Is it not the lack of talent, rather than Fordy losing his touch, that we need to worry about?

We're not going anywhere in this league, why not be satisfied with that. It's not the manager that will take us to full time, but support, money, good players... We can't compete with the likes of Exeter, Accrington, Aldershot, Carlisle, Barnet, Stevenage etc etc... How will dumping Fordy bring us to their level??

Quote:
Reality check. We are still in the Trophy, better than our traditional record in the competition. Doing well in that will get the club much-needed revenue, something for the future.

Are our players really that good? So, I hear you cry, 'bring in some new players!'. However, it's not as easy as that: until we get some money, what's Fordy supposed to do? It's already been said that the difference between the sides today was Johnny Dixon, a league player. We can't compete with that.

People got over-excited at our 'amazing' recent run. The general consensus seemed to be that we'd turned a corner, but that was rubbish. Don't get your hopes up too much guys, four clean sheets against relatively poor opposition (Crawley excepted) isn't that great...

Last year we did better than expected, mainly owing to our end of season form. The players who brought us that form were Roy (out of sorts), Moore (who deteriorated rapidly this year) and Perkins (gone). Is it not the lack of talent, rather than Fordy losing his touch, that we need to worry about?

We're not going anywhere in this league, why not be satisfied with that. It's not the manager that will take us to full time, but support, money, good players... We can't compete with the likes of Exeter, Accrington, Aldershot, Carlisle, Barnet, Stevenage etc etc... How will dumping Fordy bring us to their level??

Stop entering my mind and stealing my thoughts.

What is the point in calling for Andy's head? We are 5 points better off than this time last year, albeit having played a game more. Oh and yes I know we're on a crap run at present but we are above Hereford in the last 6 games current form table, who has the greater expectation?

Looking at the stats on Confguide we are currently 14th in the average attendance table, 14th in the discipline table and where are we in the league? yes you've guessed it 14th............

I have to say that today was one of the worst team performances in the last 3 seasons but you know........ sh*t happens. I think as Bernard said earlier we have to take a reality check, we are still a part time team on fairly low average crowds and it will be some time before we can go full time.

Today we also saw the benefits of full time players, Aldershot were one of the best teams I've seen at Stonebridge Road this season.

Anyway I'll be back on Tuesday and I'll be at Dagenham next Saturday, lets put one over Westley on Tuesday and go on and repeat last season's performance at Dagenham.

Andy also mentioned he had to cancel training on Thursday, as he had enough injury problems, and certainly didnt want to lose any other players to training ground injuries - I think that demonstrates how stretched our (relatively) small squad has become at the moment - lets not forget that comments were made during our good start that we could only hope to maintain that form, if we remained injury & suspension free - we've done the latter, but the former hasnt happened.

You only have to look at the top Premiership sides to see that even they struggle sometimes when injuries hit their key players - look at Arsenal without Sol Campbell, or Thierry Henry, and look at Liverpool's efforts against Burnley and Southampton. Even take Man Utd as another example, when they left out their main players against Exeter in the first game in particular.

Isn't it a coincidence that ever since andy has gone full time the club has form has been (apologies for the spelling mistake in advance)deterirating week by week. I dont get it.

Quote:
Kinnear??? No, no, no. Endless justifications for getting beaten such as 'we're only a small club'? No thanks.

Agreed. Kinnear is not the man to take this club forward

If anyone other than Andy Ford was in charge exactly how many of our problems would be solved?

We would still be part time.

We still wouldn't have any money to attract players.

We still wouldn't attract enough supporters.

A section of our supporters would still devote more energy to insulting our players rather than cheering them on.

Quote:
If anyone other than Andy Ford was in charge exactly how many of our problems would be solved?
We would still be part time.
We still wouldn't have any money to attract players.
We still wouldn't attract enough supporters.
A section of our supporters would still devote more energy to insulting our players rather than cheering them on.

To be honest, no-one's going to put it any better than this. Slarti, I salute you.

Ok we'd still be part-time.

Ok we wouldn't have any money to attract players.

Ok we wouldn't attract enough supporters.

I'm sure a few years ago Dagenham fans felt the same - most of their exploits were subsequently funded by good cup runs. Aren't Dagenham a similar club to Gravesend?

If Boston hadn't cheated and got away with it, Dagenham would be a league club now.

I know which manager I'd have more faith in to take Gravesend & Northfleet further right now.

Granted he does have a better conference record then Andy, but like i said in the other post, if asked 3 years ago wheather you would be happy with 14th in the conference, the majority of us would of said yes! To stop this run i think the changes need to be made on the pitch, and if no change happens to performance, then that maybe the time to start questioning the management?