Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Please close the old forums

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr> Having 2 forums open is stupid. You need just 1 which everyone wants to use and visit. People are saying they like the Surreysystems one better, i agree. This one is too jumbled up and (not meaning to sound rude) cheap looking!

The layout of the Surreysystems board is better and more people are visiting it.

Disc server or Surreysystems are the best boards! <hr></blockquote><p>To a degree I agree with Matt C, that having 2 or even 3 baords open is stupid, I have to disagree with his other comments.<p>There are very few posts on the old board, and the majority are posting here.<p>So you think this looks too cheap? What would you do to improve it then?<p>People are not saying they like the surreysystems better - many people have either offered no opinion or have said they prefer it here.<p>You prefer the layout of the surrey syatems one better do you? Well what about the un-reliabilty issues raised by Gary - he has to moderate the thing you know.<p>I see that you have just registered - if you hate it that much why bother?<p>Oh and for your information I sent a PM to the admin of this site, and he informs me that the club forums will soon be offered a brand new piece of software, which will allow both threaded and non-threaded views. He said he is waiting for a new version to be released.<p>Don't forget you are having a free service here on commercial software, that costs someone time and money.<p>Gary - please close down the old forums - that way we will all be on just the one forum.<p>Admin - if you are reading this, please see if we can move to the new software, to keep Matt C. happy smile.gif" border="0 <p>Matt C - please enjoy these forums - I actually prefer the flat list to the threaded version - on this site, I can click straight to the last post on any particular thread. I used to get fed up with click foward and backwards all the time, just to read a thread.<p>Let's all stop bickering over small matters in life and get back to supporting Slough, and getting them back to the Premier League and beyond.<p>Slough 4 Ever

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by slough_4_ever:

<strong>

Admin - if you are reading this, please see if we can move to the new software, to keep Matt C. happy smile.gif" border="0

</strong><hr></blockquote><p>Hi,<p>I am not going to get drawn into internal politics as to which board a club uses, of course, I would prefer you too use this one, but I cannot force you to.<p>I am baffled by Matt's comments about it being all jumbled up, and cheap looking. This software is used by people like MTV for their forums.<p>It is funny how no one ever volunteers to help me run these forums, still that is life. I am only as good as my own ideas and I do try!<p>Back to the new version for club forums - this is called UBBThreads, and at around £200, it is not cheap.<p>However, I will look at getting a test copy of this up and running as soon as possible - you will then be able to choose between threaded and flat, and each individual user can change between them to their hearts content!!<p>Regards,<p>Ian