Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

You know your getting old...................

When you remember the "aptly named Roughly" or "Tony Alden" or "Brian Fuller" or "Dennis Gill" or "Derek Dawson" or "Tommy Lawrence" or "Alf Darcy" or "Roger Day" or "Joey Adams" or "Billy Broomfield" or you saw John Terry's Grandad play football or ............... can I put my teeth in now nurse!

Funny you should mention Brian Fuller. I was talking about him the other day on the subject of excellent full backs. He was killed on his motorbike after just one season with EFC if I remember correctly...

I can remember the Old Edmonton Green, before they built the then new precinct, famously used by Frank Spencer in one of his sketches. There used to be an old low level railway line by a road that ran round the back of the Green that I think was called Edmonton Broadway.

I think there was a tubby issac pie and mash place there and a great Fish and Chip shop . My uncle used to work in West's hairdressers if anyone can remember that.

When you can remember decent fish and chip shops,no chicken,no kebab,just good fresh chips,fish,sausage,saveloys and pies.

Quote:
LgeChairman said:
... when you can remember the Isthmian League gobbling up the dear old Athenian League for dinner .. and here we go again ...... !

LC - it must be very frustrating for you at the moment; at least Monday should be a good day out. Why not come and say "hello" to some real fans and not just those in the special seats?

Happy and I will be probably be surronded by wheel chairs!!

Absolutely no problem there and Mrs Chairman will join me in our "Royal" walk .. as we two are not that old that we can't remember being "behind the goal" with real fans ! Good luck this afternoon which, of course, goes to dear old Sawbridgeworth too - Record 7th appearence .. can't get better than that in the ESL !