Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

My CD-Rom chewed my CD up

Quote:
maladroit said:
I'm surprised Claire didn't know of Rivaldo's influence...as I thought her big red lips were a homage to Dali.

LOL!!!!!!! I went to see Dali's work near the big eye in London, and OMG!!!!!!!! His work is so weird!!!!! He had one peice of work, which was a film and it was basically really scary because he said this is how he views the world. he turned out to be a mad man, but all the greatest artists tend to be a bit mad. I guess that's who they portray their sanity in their drawings.

I liked the clocks he had done, that were melted over trees and the big lancky horse he made. Very good, but very scary work!!!!!!!!

Yes Claire...the clocks one is called the Persistance of Memory I think.

Rivaldo pre-dated that with his "Melted Cheese and Sombrero" [ca. 1878 wasn't it?]. It's a painting of his father's sombrero [his father was a troubled figure throughout his life, as mentioned before], and the cheese signifies his father's callous attitude to his family's love. It makes sense when you see the painting...especially up close apparently, as he has multi-layered the oil paints to give the cheese some real texture. Can't wait to see the exhibition. But why bloody Bolton?

Just been perusing one of my old Art History text books, and there's a painting by Rivaldo called The Gladiators....and I'm sure they have ripped it off in the new Pepsi adverts.....or it could be Nike [can't remember]. The advert is so reminiscent of this painting!

Rivaldo was indeed mad, Claire!. He used to get ideas for paintings, and tatoo them in reverse on his chest, so that every time he needed reminding, he would simply look at himself in the mirror (quite a vain chap, you see).

The copious amounts of absynthe cleary didn't help the situation. Crazy mofo.

Quote:
GHA EFM said:
Rivaldo was indeed mad, Claire!.

Blimey!!!!! He and Dali would make a right pair!!!! Also, you have Van Gough as well. But i think he just needed a cuddle.

If someone had given him a cuddle then he may not have chopped off his ear!!!!!!!!!!

Wow - just seen this thread - nice to see a bit of culture on the board for once. I was amazed in Brazil by just how much they are still obsessed with Rivaldo.

GHA - Zeal's story is completely true - have you still got the painting Zeal?

Claire - I've been up the statue in question, and just one little point. Brasilia is the capital of Brazil - not Rio de Janeiro; which actually gave its name (River of January) to another of Rivaldo's work from his 'período do absinthe'