Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

ETFC to join the Ryman League

Has to be a Trust meeting, surely.

I'd like to hear about how (if) this affects any plans for a reserve side- I don't see how we could play in Ryman II without proper football for squad members.

We also need to understand the potential liabilities-more travelling = more wages?

And what, if anything, needs still to be spent on the ground.

Once we are happy with that lot we should talk about the Ryman League, in my humble opinion.

What's the ESL position on this & how many teams will be in the division-I reckon they's go down to about ten at the end of the season, before invitations.

Why keep speculating when nobody knows what is happening next season?

Ryman 2 may not exist at all. Even if it does, we may not be permitted to move sideways.

According to NLP there is an outcry from County level leagues at being double-crossed by the FA who have gone back on their original promise that clubs from that level could be promoted to Ryman 1 Level, as they have now allegedly offered to waive relegation forom that level this season.

We do not yet know what was discussed and/or resolved at the meeting between the leagues and the FA last week.

It's all still up in the air so the best we can do is try to finish second - or even win it if Concord should slip up!

I don't think it is that up in the air, if I remember correctly in Saturday's programme notes the invite comes from the Ryman, and is endorsed by the FA. (not 100% on that, as I don't have the programme with me)

Agree the extra cost of travelling etc has to be weighed up against the potential of being in a nationally recognised league; which MAY bring in more sponsorship. Having said that Saturday demonstrates that national companies are prepared to back ETFC, even in the ESL.

a lot to be considered.......

Do we really need a vote,if the choice is Ryman football v Essex league football for next season.

I can't see many voting to stay in the Essex senior....At present the FA HAVE endorsed teams moving sideways.....Anyway,It's only sideways in the fact that both the ESL and Ryman 2 are (at present) one step away from Ryman 1....In every other regard Ryman 2 would be superior(grounds/crowd sizes/local derby's..ect.)

anyway,Who's to say that the team that wins the ESL next season won't only be offered a Ryman 2 place anyway.

Let the FA/Ryman/ county feeders. sort out the technicalities.

The Enfield Town's main aim is to get as high up as possible in non-league football,as quickly as possible.....another reason to go into the Ryman ,is that it will be easier to attract new players to play Ryman football,than it would in the ESL.

The only IF....is that IF the ESL remains a feeder to Ryman 1 next season....Will it be easier to be promoted by finishing top of the ESL or finish top 3 in the Ryman 2.???

ST, you have the advantage of me, sir. As I could not get to the game on Satruday, being down a hole at the time, I haven't seen the programme, in which I presume the position has been clarified.

Would someone be kind enough to summarise it on here, or is it on the website? OK I'll have a look!

If a vote was required surely this would be purely as a point of order? I can't see many voting against it.

from the programme:

"...It seems that we may well be playing in another league next year wherever we finish. The Ryman League have written to us inviting us to their 2nd Division for next season on the basis promotion to Division 1 is not achieved. The 2nd Division is presently short on numbers and the Ryman League have been given sanction by the FA to approach clubs from the feeder divisions to make this a full 22 club league for next season. It is the Boards view that this would be a beneficial move but our goal remains to achieve promotion to Ryman Division 1 and as Champions or runners up we have a realistic chance of doing so. As with everything this season nothing is certain. The final placings of clubs under the restructuring will not be known until 8 May so we must aim to finish as high as possible and hope that would be good enough to take our first step up the ladder..."

Thanks for that, Gonzo. It certainly clears up that what the Ryman League are doing is sanctioned by the FA, and on that basis, Ryman 2 here we come!

The other bit is a bit confusing. It implies that champions and runners-up are eligible to apply for promotion (as was the case anyway) but also says that final placings of clubs are not certain until May 8th.... oh well it all adds to the excitement I suppose!

Concod to lose at Romford, ETFC to beat Sawbo.......