Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Nil nil all day long

urchinman1961

Well I missed the Salisbury game but after speaking to friends who went I had renewed optimism before today's game. How wrong was I. We struggled to break down a Bath team (who lets be honest, on that performance would struggle to finish top 6 in the Isthmian prem). Right now we just look like a team of individuals who would rather not be there. Aimless passes, absolute zero intensity or pressing with only a handful of half chances created.

Harvest was the only player really only came out of that game with any credit. We need to be winning these games if we really have aspirations of staying up.

Surely I'm not the only one seeing this?

Much better performance today compared with the previous 5 games. The formation suited the players and looked strong at the back. George unlucky not to score, Nashey through and ball slipped away and Kashket inches away at the end - 2/3-0 would have been a fair result… let’s hope we keep to this formation and forget 3 at the back….

First game for me since Chelmsford, so I will try not to upset anyone with my observations.

First half we were in control of the game and 4-4-2 suited us extremely well, however lady luck was not on our side. Manny in midfield was excellent and George was extremely unlucky.  Mason had little to do.

Second half, should have been the nail in Baths coffin but it wasn't to be.

Nil, nil at home to a mediocre Bath team, who we should have battered.

The final third, is our achilles heel , we won't win games if you don't score goals!

(Too many touches, watch the Salisbury highlights two goals from two shots outside the box)

I don’t like saying it but maybe what the Dagenham fans have said isn’t wrong, it’s all coming to fruition. The goals have dried up massively this season. Still think we will stay up but we are definitely struggling more than I thought we would. Can’t judge Daryl based off last season because the job was pretty much done by the time Morison left. Not trying to be arrogant, don’t expect us to go up this season but it has become a real dog fight, he has liked to sign a lot of ex Dagenham players who just haven’t hit the heights anyone was probably expecting .

Not sure I agree with some of the pessimistic comments on yesterdays performance  

First time I’ve been in a few weeks and I thought we actually played OK. Looking at Baths results they have won 4 games this season so aren’t complete mugs and we were by far the better team. Really not sure what people expected this season but I always thought we would be in a battle to stay up and that’s where we are. 

Of course I can appreciate this is a new league and we are finding our feet however we've a squad of players which have at least played at this level as a bare minimum and I'm not seeing them offer any more then what the squad we had last year would have done. You can call my view(s) as being pessimistic and I fully respect that however given our budget and the calibre of manager in charge I expect more from this squad.

it’s a new team and this takes time to assemble the great team camaraderie that we had last season so l think backing the team to the hilt with support might be a better approach and as for the Budget ld be very surprised if Anyone would be privy to that except our Board