Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Matt Lench

1 minute ago, G Brown said:

His ability to move the ball through the 3rd’s, he became a talisman during the takeover and rebuild BUT teams move on and he’s a victim of circumstance, namely the players that have overtaken him in the pecking order. Plus none of us know what goes on behind the scenes so bear that in mind.

I think your last few words are more to the point than the red herring of how the team are currently performing.

6 minutes ago, Reading Rebel said:

I think your last few words are more to the point than the red herring of how the team are currently performing.

Is it a red herring though???

I genuinely do not believe Lench would get in the team ahead of Leon or Henry now and I thought Leon was moving ahead of him towards the end of last season.

We just all need to trust Scotty’s judgement, he’s not let us down so far

5 minutes ago, G Brown said:

Is it a red herring though???

I genuinely do not believe Lench would get in the team ahead of Leon or Henry now and I thought Leon was moving ahead of him towards the end of last season.

We just all need to trust Scotty’s judgement, he’s not let us down so far

Agree with Henry who is a completely different player to Lench.

Leon has done extremely well and currently deserves his place in the team.

Again different type of player but the bottom line is if a good player is willing to sit on the bench and wait for his chance why would you turn it down?  

3 minutes ago, Reading Rebel said:

Agree with Henry who is a completely different player to Lench.

Leon has done extremely well and currently deserves his place in the team.

Again different type of player but the bottom line is if a good player is willing to sit on the bench and wait for his chance why would you turn it down?  

And of course any/every player can be sidelined by injuries when excellent cover for their positions become necessary

Having “excellent cover” can do more harm than good sometimes given we don’t know what goes on behind the scenes…

I did hear Scotty and Lenchy had a few bust ups last season so I’d imagine that hasn’t helped and has been factored into the decision