Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

'Rebels' Bar

8 minutes ago, Nathan said:

I can (and will) if our price for 50ml is not much cheaper than a supermarket price for 350ml!

As I said, I expect to pay a lot more than that (and I don't begrudge that), as I understand the principle of economies of scale and would like my money to go to the club rather than a supermarket. But there comes a point where if I wanted a Jack Daniels, I'd be far better off by bringing my own bottle to the ground.

Would you go into a pub/bar and take your own bottle of JD with you because it's a lot cheaper?

The club have got overheads just like a pub has.

1 hour ago, Reading Rebel said:

Would you go into a pub/bar and take your own bottle of JD with you because it's a lot cheaper?

Would you pay Β£8 when you could pay Β£1.86?

As I said I know why it's a lot more, but there comes a point when it's simply daft to pay that sort of money.

44 minutes ago, Ian g f said:

It must be me but were moaning about soap and the price of whisky after a good win ?????

Oh the toilet rolls aren't quilted πŸ˜‚

Yes it's you πŸ˜€; I was merely enquiring as to why the soap was watered down, as it struck me as an odd thing to do. Watered-down soap is not something I've ever experienced before at football match and it struck me (perhaps wrongly) as a cost-cutting measure, which is why I asked.

Would it have been ok to ask had we lost?

Edited by Nathan

19 minutes ago, Nathan said:

As I said I know why it's a lot more, but there comes a point when it's simply daft to pay that sort of money.

Yes it's you πŸ˜€; I was merely enquiring as to why the soap was watered down, as it struck me as an odd thing to do. Watered-down soap is not something I've ever experienced before at football match and it struck me (perhaps wrongly) as a cost-cutting measure, which is why I asked.

Is the soap at Woking ok I might not goΒ 

26 minutes ago, Ian g f said:

Is the soap at Woking ok I might not goΒ 

If that soap is at Woking, I might think that Woking are penny-pinching and wonder why, that's all.

3 hours ago, Nathan said:

Unfortunately Nathan this is what it costs in a lot of pubs/bars these day's if you want to go out for the night unless you want to frequent a Wetherspoons.Β 

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, GlenSTFC said:

It’s a business so I doubt very much the new bar hasn’t been set up not to make a profit!

I expect that's the plan but if there's any profit to be made it might take some time.

Edited by Reading Rebel

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, codpiece said:

RR - I heard a rumour the price of a cuppa is going up to £4.🀣

I wasn't going to mention it but since you've brought it up CodpieceΒ πŸ˜…

I got stung, obviously by mistake, for 2.50 for a cup of tea on Saturday in Rebels.

I queried it and the chap said 'that's what the machine say's'Β πŸ˜…

Β 

Edited by Reading Rebel

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Ian g f said:

Slough's budget is well below average in our league SoΒ  would cheap beer and Sunday league players be better? WR don't go to the Oval it's Β£9 pound for a pint of GuinnessΒ 

Β 

You've got a good point there Ian.

There's no doubt that our new Rebels bar is a great new facility which hasn't come cheap.

There's also plans to improve the rest of the ground, behind the goals etc.

So if we want decent players and excellent facilities we might have to pay that bit extra.

Edited by Reading Rebel

44 minutes ago, Curtis said:

Outrageous!!!

You can buy 200 tea bags & a litre of milk at Tesco’s for Β£4.00…. so surely a cup of tea shouldn’t be more than 10p in RebelsΒ πŸ˜‰

Β 

Historically, Non League football bars have always been quite cheap. After all the Rebels bar

is a bar at a football ground in Slough, not an idyllic location with panoramic viewsΒ 

of Windsor Castle, the Thames and the Berkshire countryside. If I am paying Β£5 a pint

(as you do in Windsor town centre), at least i expect a decent view. Get a grip.

4 minutes ago, Windsor Rebel said:

Historically, Non League football bars have always been quite cheap. After all the Rebels bar

is a bar at a football ground in Slough, not an idyllic location with panoramic viewsΒ 

of Windsor Castle, the Thames and the Berkshire countryside. If I am paying Β£5 a pint

(as you do in Windsor town centre), at least i expect a decent view. Get a grip.

You can see out into the car park and possibly the away dug out if you ask people to move WR. What do you want, hurds of wildabeast running majestically across the plainsπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚