Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Woking v Slough Town FA Cup 4th Qualifying Round

GlenSTFC

7 hours ago, Reading Rebel said:

Superb effort from the players.

The only thing missing was our finishing.

We created enough chances to win the game comfortably but in the end it came down to a defensive mistake just before half time and a really poor refereeing decision.

On the sending off, if the yellow cards were for dissent I think it will be a 2 match ban which leaves us with a real problem in defense for Maidstone away and St. Albans at home.

Strange season Maidstone are having  5 away games played none lost 5 home games played none won  let's hope this continues!

Holyport Rebel totally agree with your report.

But on the match highlights the commentator did not mention a word on the elbow he just carried on with his commentary the goal and celebrations.

Also on David's penalty not given he hesitates says nothing and continues with his commentary as play moves on.

Edited by sdelaney2308

Here are some samples of their "Card Board" for those who haven't read them. My only comments are that they seem to be in a mess and I look forward to playing them in NLS next season!!

We're in the hat for the next round but jeez, that was simply awful and Slough must be kicking themselves.

They were mediocre yet should have easily beaten us. Beautyman showed his class. Fair play.

DKE...why? Why? Walker? Why? Spasov was a level above you. If we are going to play 4 at the back can Moss play at right back and Ward ahead of

Will (Jaskeleinan) is absolutely superb at the moment and we'll be very lucky to keep him.

Slough were awful (!!), but they will be gutted to be knocked out today after we tried to gift them the game. With the club desperate for finances a cup run is a must this season and we deserve to be out already. 

That was terrible, Slough the better team and Will (Jaskeleinan) my man of the match

1500 home fans last week, 1400 today, says something about the level of entertainment. Also the caterers ran out of food and the service in the Cardinal bar was so slow. Maybe they were short staffed but the whole day was a bit of a shit show really.

As for their manager, got skinned for the 1st goal, but we were lucky to get the 2nd. IF a player goes down with a ‘head injury’, whether they are faking it or not, the ref should stop the game. I believe he got booked for arguing the fact the goal got given, then had words with the 4th official when he subbed himself & got a 2nd yellow, leading to the red

That was absolute dogshit. Inferior in pretty much every department, we've stolen the win.

Our tactic is to play 2/3 short passes out from the back then to hoof a long diagonal ball towards Moss's head which doesn't work and repeat. Slough were OK and played as you'd expect for NLS side but we made them look much better than they are and if you were a neutral with limited non league knowledge would you have known what team was full time and what team was part time? I don't think so.”

He was allowed back in i believe but the trumpet was arrested for a breach of the peace.

Still fuming from Saturday but hopefully bring a smile to your faces i was informed by my wife on Sunday morning that my mother in law was spendingt the day with us so that yet summed up the weekend for me, couldn't any worse.

Woking getting a plum draw? cheers ref

1 hour ago, bonjour said:

He was allowed back in i believe but the trumpet was arrested for a breach of the peace.

Still fuming from Saturday but hopefully bring a smile to your faces i was informed by my wife on Sunday morning that my mother in law was spendingt the day with us so that yet summed up the weekend for me, couldn't any worse.

Woking getting a plum draw? cheers ref

Thanks John.

As part of the entertainment business do other sports treat it's paying guests especially away supporters with so much distain??.

Edited by sdelaney2308

When I entered the ground the person in front of me had their umbrella taken of them, when ask why the steward said because it wasn't foldable to which someone said aren't all umbrellas foldable. The stewards had no reply

I know at Premier League level, more particularly Tottenham, the away facilities are top notch. Not sure about the stewarding though.

As far as Championship, Leagues 1 & 2 go, once again not too sure. The National League so far has proved rubbish, Maidenhead excepted. Our neighbours do at least allow supporters to mix, barring those visitors with large support. Even then there are adequate facilities under cover. 

At Step 2 and below it's a much more welcoming and pleasant experience. Long may that continue.

Cricket and Rugby Union definitely don't treat the support as potential trouble makers.

5 hours ago, Irishadrian said:

Woking home to Cambridge U in next round!

If only! Cambridge  U rock bottom of their league 9 games played  1 point only. 6 games without scoring  Would have loved that tie!

19 hours ago, bonjour said:

When I entered the ground the person in front of me had their umbrella taken of them, when ask why the steward said because it wasn't foldable to which someone said aren't all umbrellas foldable. The stewards had no reply

Unbelievably stupid, especially when it's raining heavily and there's no cover. Stewarding can be a power boost to some individuals employed in that sphere, I'm surprised we weren't frisked like we were at Bromley!

2 hours ago, Bernie Gogan said:

Unbelievably stupid, especially when it's raining heavily and there's no cover. Stewarding can be a power boost to some individuals employed in that sphere, I'm surprised we weren't frisked like we were at Bromley!

Or filmed as at the Southport game😡