Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Woking v Slough Town FA Cup 4th Qualifying Round

GlenSTFC

Very disappointing  The Woking fans forum Cardboard very critical of their teams performance says Slough blew it and should have won easily not just a few posts but almost all of them  The comments so far from people who were there seem spot on !!

1 minute ago, Irishadrian said:

Very disappointing  The Woking fans forum Cardboard very critical of their teams performance says Slough blew it and should have won easily not just a few posts but almost all of them  The comments so far from people who were there seem spot on !!

Also saying officials were shite to both teams.

Edited by Irishadrian

3 minutes ago, Irishadrian said:

The attendance was 1750 seem to be more than that

13 minutes ago, Ian g f said:

The attendance was 1750 seem to be more than that

Looked about right to me, hopefully we’ve made a few thousand from our 45% share (if that’s still correct?). I’d estimate we’ve made around £20k (prize money and shared gate receipts) from the FA Cup, not too shabby. Now let’s concentrate on staying in the top 7.

53 minutes ago, Irishadrian said:

Shite to both teams? Sorry but completely disagree on that, they got away with murder!

I normally don't comment on games but on this occasion I must.

after watching Slough home and away for nearly 59 years today I have to say was the angriest I've have ever been coming away from a game

The incident that decided the tie just enraged me for 2 reasons, one as I said decided the tie but more importantly it could have resulted in more serious repercussions for Scott. A suspected head injury results in play being stopped and the player treated straight away, for the play to continue is just scandalous. In my opinion these officials should never be allowed to officiate a game again because if they cannot see a blatant head injury there will come a time when it will back fire.

I hope the head injury governing body of whatever they are called are informed what happened today and investigate it. Also I  hope that the Woking loving Talksprt presenter talks about this on the station as they are very hot on head injuries in football.

You may feel all this is a little strong but I cared for my father for 2 years 24/7 with a degenerative brain illness so any head/brain injury,illness is close to my heart.

Anyway to the game, Scott and everyone involved with the club  you did us proud today as always,we were superb but didn't get what we deserved. Onto Maidstone for which I will be there.

COYR

Superb effort from the players.

The only thing missing was our finishing.

We created enough chances to win the game comfortably but in the end it came down to a defensive mistake just before half time and a really poor refereeing decision.

On the sending off, if the yellow cards were for dissent I think it will be a 2 match ban which leaves us with a real problem in defense for Maidstone away and St. Albans at home.

Edited by Reading Rebel

26 minutes ago, Reading Rebel said:

Superb effort from the players.

The only thing missing was our finishing.

We created enough chances to win the game comfortably but in the end it came down to a defensive mistake just before half time and a really poor refereeing decision.

On the sending off, if the second yellow was for dissent I think it will be a 2 match ban which leaves us with a real problem in defense for the Maidstone and St. Albans at home.

Not ideal Scott will be missing but we may appeal it? But in any case we still have Prosper, Bayliss, Beeden and Jackman as a defensive unit. But it does highlight we are light on defensive players, but as Scott has stated I don’t think we’ll be seeing any reinforcements in that department.

39 minutes ago, GlenSTFC said:

Not ideal Scott will be missing but we may appeal it? But in any case we still have Prosper, Bayliss, Beeden and Jackman as a defensive unit. But it does highlight we are light on defensive players, but as Scott has stated I don’t think we’ll be seeing any reinforcements in that department.

Really can't see any point in appealing the 2 yellow cards.

Both seem to have been for dissent which I don't think can be disputed.

Have to say that was a travesty. The referee ignoring the elbow into Scott's head prior to their second was the final flourish in a long line of inconsistent and poor decisions throughout by the officials. The  Ogbonna trip in the penalty box was plain for the away support to see as it was in full view of the whole 370+ of us there! Very disappointing result given how much we were on top, particularly in the second half.

That's yet another NL ground ticked off with the facilities for away support at best really poor. Toilet was an ageing porta cabin, no hot water, hand drier worse than useless, no bar or beer on sale, no cover, prevented from entering the seats when it was peeing down (I guess an extra charge and was directed instead to a bunch of uncovered seats in front of the porta cabin), the disabled toilet looked like it was inaccessible at least to a disabled person, and finally no printed programmes.

Never liked Woking!

4 hours ago, Bernie Gogan said:

Have to say that was a travesty. The referee ignoring the elbow into Scott's head prior to their second was the final flourish in a long line of inconsistent and poor decisions throughout by the officials. The  Ogbonna trip in the penalty box was plain for the away support to see as it was in full view of the whole 370+ of us there! Very disappointing result given how much we were on top, particularly in the second half.

That's yet another NL ground ticked off with the facilities for away support at best really poor. Toilet was an ageing porta cabin, no hot water, hand drier worse than useless, no bar or beer on sale, no cover, prevented from entering the seats when it was peeing down (I guess an extra charge and was directed instead to a bunch of uncovered seats in front of the porta cabin), the disabled toilet looked like it was inaccessible at least to a disabled person, and finally no printed programmes.

Never liked Woking!

I agree with every word Keith !

I thought the higher up the non-league pyramid one got, the more money had to be spent on facilities for ALL spectators.

What we were confronted with at Woking was as you say Bernie, at best poor, and really not that much better than what we had to put up with at Bromley last season, which was downright disgusting.

I'm curious to see what we will have to deal with when we visit Boreham Wood this season, a team who have recently spent a good many years at National League level.  

I'm not very optimistic about what things are going to be like there if we are  segregated , but I'd be happy to be proved wrong.

How do Bromley and Woking get away with it ?

National League.............?, you're having a laugh.:97:

As for the match yesterday, when I was a kid, if Slough lost a big cup-tie I'd be gutted, regardless of how the game itself had gone or how well or badly we had played.

Nowadays, if we've lost a big match fair and square, and been beaten by the better team, then it's much easier to accept it.

Walking out of the ground after the final whistle yesterday, I felt a massive sense of injustice had taken place.

Watching the excellent Woking match highlights today shows just how many good chances both teams had, but my injustice wasn't really towards the Woking team, (despite what felt like constant, unpunished, illegal  manhandling of our attackers ), much more  towards the incompetent  and what felt like biased refereeing.

A neutral observer of yesterday's game may have seen things differently to me, but I really felt the ref had a dismal game .

Nowadays if a player receives a blow to their head and goes down, ref's always blow up to stop play.

It's a given.

You may not agree with the ruling, but it always happens now.

Except for one time yesterday, and we all know what happened afterwards.

It wasn't just this single incident that caused my ire. 

It felt like there were numerous other decisions all during the game that he got wrong. 

I don't like to come out and say bad things about the ref, it always feels like an easy cop out to excuse a defeat, but I felt he was at best, out of his depth, and at worst, antagonistic towards Slough.

If a ref has that sort of performance in an ordinary league game it's bad enough.

At least you have 40+ other games to make up for it.

In a massive, one off cup-tie though, that's it.

You're out.

A whole year to wait for another chance to experience the many massive benefits available  for further progression in the competition.

Thanks ref  .:thumbsdown:

I just hope to God you don't grace another one of our games this or any future season. 

Edited by Holyport Rebel