Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Players Left

John Ufuah and Kareen Isiaka have both left the club to seek regular first team football.

Well that was a surprise for a Thursday afternoon. Isiaka, not really too sure why we bothered signing him. He must have known the striking options we had at the club and we have only played 3 games since he has been here and he wasn't match fit when he turned up. Good riddance to a player like that.

Ufuah - that is a massive shame as I thought he looked excellent in his short time with us and a player that could have made it at our level. 

A new signing on the way tomorrow according to the press release so will be interesting to see who that is and most importantly what position he plays as even with those 2 leaving, I still say we are at least 1/2 defenders short.

14 minutes ago, SloughFlyer said:

John Ufuah and Kareen Isiaka have both left the club to seek regular first team football.

Well that was a surprise for a Thursday afternoon. Isiaka, not really too sure why we bothered signing him. He must have known the striking options we had at the club and we have only played 3 games since he has been here and he wasn't match fit when he turned up. Good riddance to a player like that.

Ufuah - that is a massive shame as I thought he looked excellent in his short time with us and a player that could have made it at our level. 

A new signing on the way tomorrow according to the press release so will be interesting to see who that is and most importantly what position he plays as even with those 2 leaving, I still say we are at least 1/2 defenders short.

We signed Ufuah from Hastings so maybe travelling distance and not getting a regular start played a part.

I think he could have been a really good player for us given time and minutes.

As for Isiaka really not sure why he signed for us if he wasn't prepared to be patient.

A little more meat on the bones from the Slough Express:

“There is an incoming player. We’re going to announce that on Friday morning.

“I’m a massive fan of this player and I believe we can get the best out of him.

“But departing will be John Ufuah and Kareem Isiaka.

“We need to balance the books and the squad. We’ve just got an overload of attacking players and we have three out and out attacking wingers, so with Dave and Gary and John, we’re probably carrying one too many for the squad that we’ve got.

“This player coming in can play that dual role, as a striker or someone out wide who can come in. So it gives us more strings to our bow and more options.”

Just now, GlenSTFC said:

A little more meat on the bones from the Slough Express:

“There is an incoming player. We’re going to announce that on Friday morning.

“I’m a massive fan of this player and I believe we can get the best out of him.

“But departing will be John Ufuah and Kareem Isiaka.

“We need to balance the books and the squad. We’ve just got an overload of attacking players and we have three out and out attacking wingers, so with Dave and Gary and John, we’re probably carrying one too many for the squad that we’ve got.

“This player coming in can play that dual role, as a striker or someone out wide who can come in. So it gives us more strings to our bow and more options.”

Surprised with the incoming player, surely we need some defensive cover unless Josh isn’t that bad? 

Bringing in one player and needing to balance the books to me means the incoming player is costing similar or more than the two outgoing players.

We've got an overload of attacking players and 3 wingers so we bring in another striker which probably means Kweku will be pushed out wide which is his more natural position. Giving us 3 strikers and 3 wide players/wingers.

In the meantime with Josh out we are short of defenders.

Personally I don't get it.

Defensively we have a very good record, not that I want to jinx it! Josh’s injury isn’t anywhere near as bad as first feared.

I think people know me by now, we’re not the type of team that’ll sit back and try to win 1-0, we would much rather go and attack teams. Hence why Francis has been brought in.

My biggest concern was a possible lack of goals from wide areas which I’m sure franny will add to, but as we all know, he can play up top too where John and Kareem can only really play one position each.

Edited by Scott Davies