Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Ongoing issues

24 minutes ago, DonnyNo6 said:

I was just to the right of them standing on the terrace as the match ended, I think the confusion was the steward did open the gate and it was open for about a minute but as people started to move towards it he then closed it and kept it closed.

I think that's what annoyed them.

I noticed on Saturday that 'Rebels' decals have been put on the glass looking into the stadium so I don't know if that's what its going to be called?

Yeah saw that too but surely not? Would be a massive missed opportunity if the club do name it that and not something more fitting.

Edited by GlenSTFC

3 minutes ago, Reading Rebel said:

'Rebels Bar' I suppose would be the default name for it.

Not imaginative but the obvious one.

Our-bar or Ar-bar (play on Arbour?).

How about Scottie’s!

Still think naming it after someone deserving would be right but could also cause arguments! 

2 hours ago, Reading Rebel said:

It's to see the first team train and prepare for Saturday, it's not a questions and answers meeting.

I’m sure some club officials will be there, and you have previously said you didn’t want to pester them on match days as they were busy then.

If you enjoy coaching or the putting together of sessions and so on its a really good watch, as someone who both played and coached for donkeys years I really enjoyed it when I was fortunate enough to watch when Jamie was involved with the keepers.

Unfortunately though this Thursday I already have some footballing and other commitments elsewhere so I cant attend.

18 hours ago, Curtis said:

I’m sure some club officials will be there, and you have previously said you didn’t want to pester them on match days as they were busy then.

I can't make it but we've now got some answers on the Scoreboard and TV issues which I suppose is progress.

On 27/08/2024 at 10:19, Reading Rebel said:

As far as I know we only have TNT as the provider for our football/sports coverage.

When these TV's/video wall are ready to be set up would it be an idea to change provider to Virgin Media, that way we will get both TNT and Sky Sports in the same package.

As far as I know Virgin do not do business packages for sports , that’s why Sky and TNT have a monopoly on these packages.

2 hours ago, rebelade said:

As far as I know Virgin do not do business packages for sports , that’s why Sky and TNT have a monopoly on these packages.

If that is the case, apart for the Champions League, Sky have the more comprehensive Premiership/football and sports package.

Having both Sky and TNT would of course be the ideal but that would depend on being affordable to the club.  

Thanks to Ashley for his brief update on the ongoing problems the club are experiencing with the new bar/TV's and TV wall.

I didn't realize but from what's been said Heineken are the sponsors in the building/refurbishment of our new bar? and that's where the hold up is. 

Chosen for their ability to refurbish the parts of the bar other sponsors couldn't reach?

21 minutes ago, Reading Rebel said:

Thanks to Ashley for his brief update on the ongoing problems the club are experiencing with the new bar/TV's and TV wall.

I didn't realize but from what's been said Heineken are the sponsors in the building/refurbishment of our new bar? and that's where the hold up is. 

No they’d be the suppliers of the beers available and installing the pumps. Possibly they might be paying towards some of the renovation costs? Also the TV’s/video walls could be delayed by the issues connected with the scoreboard?

20 minutes ago, GlenSTFC said:

No they’d be the suppliers of the beers available and installing the pumps. Possibly they might be paying towards some of the renovation costs? Also the TV’s/video walls could be delayed by the issues connected with the scoreboard?

So Windsor & Eton brewery upstairs and Heineken supplying the new bar?

Seems strange a hold up with a brewing company supplying beer and pumps.

Ashley's piece in the program said the TV's/Video Wall problem was unconnected with the scoreboard issue.

40 minutes ago, Reading Rebel said:

So Windsor & Eton brewery upstairs and Heineken supplying the new bar?

Seems strange a hold up with a brewing company supplying beer and pumps.

Ashley's piece in the program said the TV's/Video Wall problem was unconnected with the scoreboard issue.

Heineken provide the beer for upstairs bar apart from 2 W & E pumps and will provide for downstairs.

Tv’s are waiting on the bar installation otherwise it means getting a company out twice and paying twice for one service.

Scoreboard should be working for next game barring any unknown issues occurring.