Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Ongoing issues

Can anyone at the club shed some light on the following.

1) The scoreboard is still not working after a being out of action for a number of weeks, do we know what the problem is and how long before it's back working again.

2) The new bar is something we can all look forward to but work on it does seem painfully slow. There's possibly been some problems with the re-furb which is out of our control but any news/update on how it's progressing would be appreciated. 

3) With 3 TV's in the upstairs bar and with live premiership football on, only one tv was switched on. Some supporters might not be concerned about watching the football but again it's supposed to be a football clubhouse and I'm sure the majority of supporters would like to keep an eye on the televised match. 

Any information on the above would be appreciated.

I'll provide a bit of an update on 1 as I've been involved alongside our main scoreboard operator (Callum). Some issues during the handover with the council have now been resolved and we will need a service of the setup conducted by the maintainer (Quickscore). Saturday unfortunately has seen a component part to allow connectivity go missing so I was unable to get hands on with the equipment and have a bit of a review as to what state it was in. I believe the club are preparing a proper statement around it but communications with Quickscore are regular and we have a good working relationship with the people running that organisation so hopefully some positive movement on that in the coming days. 

There also seemed to be an issue with exiting the stadium in the corner underneath the scoreboard. Two old codgers shouting the odds at the bemused steward there.The same two old codgers then sought out our Chairman and began shouting at him!

9 minutes ago, Rebellier said:

There also seemed to be an issue with exiting the stadium in the corner underneath the scoreboard. Two old codgers shouting the odds at the bemused steward there.The same two old codgers then sought out our Chairman and began shouting at him!

Identify and ban them I say! Were they that lazy to walk an extra few meters?

22 minutes ago, Reading Rebel said:

1) The scoreboard is still not working after a being out of action for a number of weeks, do we know what the problem is and how long before it's back working again.

2) The new bar is something we can all look forward to but work on it does seem painfully slow. There's possibly been some problems with the re-furb which is out of our control but any news/update on how it's progressing would be appreciated. 

3) With 3 TV's in the upstairs bar and with live premiership football on, only one tv was switched on. Some supporters might not be concerned about watching the football but again it's supposed to be a football clubhouse and I'm sure the majority of supporters would like to keep an eye on the televised match. 

Wow what a headline! I was fully expecting to read about a massive fall out between board, management and players or that the council had sold Arbour Park for housing!!! 

25 minutes ago, Reading Rebel said:

Yes the scoreboard has been very inconsistent but hopefully it’s fully fixed now and will soon be properly operational soon (not that fussed personally).

Wheres the 3rd TV in the upstairs bar as I don’t recall seeing it, is it new?

I’m very much looking forward to seeing the opening of the new bar but happy to be patient and Ashley mentioned it was hoped to be open in the coming weeks. There may be issues outside the clubs control for any delay? I wonder if the club will name this new bar (Sliski’s or Reardon’s?) or it’ll just be referred to the downstairs bar?

27 minutes ago, GlenSTFC said:

Yes the scoreboard has been very inconsistent but hopefully it’s fully fixed now and will soon be properly operational soon (not that fussed personally).

I’m very much looking forward to seeing the opening of the new bar but happy to be patient and Ashley mentioned it was hoped to be open in the coming weeks. There may be issues outside the clubs control for any delay? I wonder if the club will name this new bar (Sliski’s or Reardon’s?) or it’ll just be referred to the downstairs bar?

I'd call it McGoldrick's

10 minutes ago, rebelbrewer said:

I'd call it McGoldrick's

Yes of course Kev should be in the running too. Not sure the club will go down that route anyway as they’d be seen to favouring one individual (unless they then name other parts of the ground after others).

What I do not understand RR is instead of asking someone at the club a question, you come on here and put ‘Problems at the club’. I walked past you on Saturday, we exchanged hello’s, so why not stop and ask a question. 
I know it must be difficult being a Spurs fan as well but there’s a lot of positivity at the club so try being a bit more upbeat 

8 minutes ago, rebelade said:

What I do not understand RR is instead of asking someone at the club a question, you come on here and put ‘Problems at the club’. I walked past you on Saturday, we exchanged hello’s, so why not stop and ask a question. 
I know it must be difficult being a Spurs fan as well but there’s a lot of positivity at the club so try being a bit more upbeat 

Ade are you able to share any information on here?

2 hours ago, rebelade said:

Ade, I have no problem asking anyone at the club a question but volunteers and club officials are busy on match days and are always wizzing around doing things which is understandable and I'm sure they have more pressing things to do than be bothered by supporters asking questions about the club.

The headline 'problems at the club' in hindsight is probably not the right headline so I'll try and change it.

My thanks to Gary who has kindly now put us in the picture on the ongoing problems the club are experiencing with the scoreboard.

I agree on the TV issue. I, (and I am sure many others) like to go in at half time and check out the

half time scores. I did this on Saturday and was disappointed to find out what looked like an

episode of some out of date soap on the club house screen. Surely it cant he that hard to

turn it over to BBC1 to get the half times? Unless you are into the soaps that is!

14 hours ago, GarySTFC said:

I'll provide a bit of an update on 1 as I've been involved alongside our main scoreboard operator (Callum). Some issues during the handover with the council have now been resolved and we will need a service of the setup conducted by the maintainer (Quickscore). Saturday unfortunately has seen a component part to allow connectivity go missing so I was unable to get hands on with the equipment and have a bit of a review as to what state it was in. I believe the club are preparing a proper statement around it but communications with Quickscore are regular and we have a good working relationship with the people running that organisation so hopefully some positive movement on that in the coming days. 

Thanks for your reply Gary.

14 hours ago, GlenSTFC said:

There's the two TV's in the bar area and one in the alcove area to the right.

The only one that was on was the one facing the boardroom.

4 minutes ago, Reading Rebel said:

There's the two TV's in the bar area and one in the alcove area to the right.

The only one that was on was the one facing the boardroom.

I wish they’d lower the 2 main TV’s to just above the door/partitions as it’ll make easier viewing. Then again anyone wanting to watch the footy on tv will be downstairs viewing on the new video walls (can’t wait to see these, just hope they’re as good as I’m hoping!).

13 hours ago, Windsor Rebel said:

I agree on the TV issue. I, (and I am sure many others) like to go in at half time and check out the

half time scores. I did this on Saturday and was disappointed to find out what looked like an

episode of some out of date soap on the club house screen. Surely it cant he that hard to

turn it over to BBC1 to get the half times? Unless you are into the soaps that is!

We did, Final score started at 4pm and was turned over just after, you could ask the Beeb to put it on earlier for us 😂

23 hours ago, GlenSTFC said:

Ade are you able to share any information on here?

3. As TNT/BT Sport no longer sponsor our league we have lost access to the early Saturday game. Once all the TV’s are up , we aim to have different channels on different TV’s. No point getting everything set up for 3 TV’s to then change it all when the rest are up, that’s just a waste of money.

On 25/08/2024 at 20:19, GlenSTFC said:

Identify and ban them I say! Were they that lazy to walk an extra few meters?

I was just to the right of them standing on the terrace as the match ended, I think the confusion was the steward did open the gate and it was open for about a minute but as people started to move towards it he then closed it and kept it closed.

I think that's what annoyed them.

On 25/08/2024 at 21:08, GlenSTFC said:

Yes of course Kev should be in the running too. Not sure the club will go down that route anyway as they’d be seen to favouring one individual (unless they then name other parts of the ground after others).

I noticed on Saturday that 'Rebels' decals have been put on the glass looking into the stadium so I don't know if that's what its going to be called?