Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Tuesday 30 July - SSML Results/Reports

The midweek fixtures:

Tuesday 30 July (all kick off 7.45pm)

Premier Division
Arlesey Town v FC Romania
Cockfosters v Crawley Green 
Colney Heath v Biggleswade United
Harpenden Town v Wormley Rovers
Kempston Rovers v Aylesbury Vale Dynamos
Milton Keynes Irish v Shefford Town & Campton
Potton United v Baldock Town
Tring Athletic v London Lions
Winslow United v Dunstable Town

Division One
Cranfield United v Eaton Socon

22 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Tuesday 30 July 
Division One

Cranfield United and Eaton Socon belatedly begin their Division One campaign this evening, Cranfield United were interestingly featured on the 'Through the Turnstile of Non League Football' website this week:

Through the Turnstile @ Cranfield United – Through The Turnstile of Non-League Football (tttonlf.com)

23 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Tuesday 30 July
Premier Division
Harpenden Town v Wormley Rovers

You have to fancy Harpenden Town against 'newbies' Wormley Rovers this evening don't you:

On 29/07/2024 at 13:45, Rhodes said:

Tuesday 30 July
Premier Division
Colney Heath v Biggleswade United

How do we see this one going at the Recreation Ground: 

Last night's interesting results:

Tuesday 30 July

Premier Division
Arlesey Town 0 FC Romania 3
Cockfosters 2 Crawley Green 0
Colney Heath 2 Biggleswade United 2
Harpenden Town 0 Wormley Rovers 0
Kempston Rovers 2 Aylesbury Vale Dynamos 3
Milton Keynes Irish 3 Shefford Town & Campton 0
Potton United 3 Baldock Town 2
Tring Athletic 2 London Lions 1
Winslow United 2 Dunstable Town 0

Division One
Cranfield United 1 Eaton Socon 1

On 31/07/2024 at 09:46, Rhodes said:

Tuesday 30 July
Premier Division
Cockfosters 2 Crawley Green 0

Groundhopper Chris White was at this one but unfortunately didn't conduct a tour of Chalk Lane on this occasion:

'Around The Ground. Hi, my name is Chris and I'm a lover of Non-league football. I love to look around grounds and thought that making a short video on my travels would interest fellow hoppers and hopefully encourage them to visit each venue. Any feedback is appreciated. Enjoy!

On 30/07/2024 at 12:25, Rhodes said:

Tuesday 30 July 
Division One

Highlights from the action at Crawley Road on Tuesday evening:

Posted (edited)

Tuesday 30 July
Premier Division
Arlesey Town 0 FC Romania 3

'The Cold End' was in attendance at Hitchin Road:

The Cold End: A WIN FOR THE WOLVES!! THREE LATE GOALS FOR FC ROMANIA AT ARLESEY TOWN

Edited by Rhodes

Tuesday 30 July
Premier Division
Winslow United 2 Dunstable Town 0

A groundhopper from another Forum was at Elmfields Gate, interesting information about the new Winslow train station:

Spartan South Midland Premier - Elmfields Gate - new tick
Winslow United 2 (0) Dunstable Town 0 (0)
Admission: £8, Paper available, Attendance: 174
A bit of a stretch midweek for me but I thought it worth it to see the newbies at Step 5. The ground is a railed off affair in a public Rec; adequate for Step 6, but they will need to spend a few bob to get it to Step 5 standard. A small brick Clubhouse/changing block angled to the pitch at the nearest point of entry into the park. A small seated stand on the near touchline (not enough seats) but no cover elsewhere. Mature trees and a redundant cricket square surround the remainder.
I wasn't impressed by the first half at all which I thought was a poor advert for this League. Town seemed to want to contest every challenge by hollering, wasted time by sneakily kicking the ball away at free-kicks and generally being poor footballers. United played the better football and did hit the bar and forced a good one handed save from a long drive. At least they could pick a pass and execute it, which Town couldn't.
Second half, United started strongly and the deadlock was broken from a throw on 51'. The ball was back-headed to the #7, who swiftly controlled and crossed perfectly for the #10 to volley in from 15yds and Town never even reacted to him. A bizarre second arrived on 54', when a long punt into the right channel, saw the falling ball, having beaten the defender (again), headed by the #11 from the corner of the penalty area. Amazingly the ball bounced straight across a stranded keeper (who was at his near post) and sneaked inside the far post. The remainder of the half saw a 'goal' chalked off for a United infringement, a fine save direct from a free-kick and the increasing frustration of Town Management and players.
I had to get my fleece top at HT as the wind had got up and it was quite chilly once the sun went behind the trees. On the evidence Town are going to struggle as they have too many players who are not good enough for Step 5. Home in 125' via Bicester/A34/A420/Marlborough.
Also got the first glimpse of the shiny new Winslow station on the East-West route. Unfinished but looks rather smart.

• 3 weeks later...
On 31/07/2024 at 10:46, Rhodes said:

Tuesday 30 July
Premier Division
Milton Keynes Irish 3 Shefford Town & Campton 0

Highlights from Manor Fields and a match report:

https://mkirishfc.co.uk/first-team/report-mk-irish-3-0-shefford-town-campton/?fbclid=IwY2xjawEv4X9leHRuA2FlbQIxMQABHcA_il21JL-qCWBWU7aDKr_uPt_S9hq7eBERpNeVL7JcjP9BIiE1AYx3cw_aem_H02F6yCBi7jZ38SX7RBpww

• 1 month later...
On 31/07/2024 at 10:46, Rhodes said:

Tuesday 30 July
Premier Division
Potton United 3 Baldock Town 2

A little after the Lord Mayor's Show but brief highlights from the Hutchinson Hollow:

Edited by Rhodes