Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Players signed, retained, left the club

2 hours ago, 3spirit said:

So the goalkeeper is coming from a Step 3 side as well? I thought he was coming from a step 2 side or did I imagine that?

I may have seen Sam Evans play for Hanwell but don't remember him, as for John Gilbert I know I've never seen him play. Let's hope they can do the biz. On a positive they are both a good age for our team, and hopefully they will fit in well to what Slough currently need [crossing my fingers].

3spirit, reading between the lines on what Glen is saying it looks to be a step 2 keeper.

40 minutes ago, Reading Rebel said:

3spirit, reading between the lines on what Glen is saying it looks to be a step 2 keeper.

The original target was a step 2 keeper but the one we’ve signed is from step 3.

49 minutes ago, Reading Rebel said:

It's definitely not Rhys Forster.

Could be Jack Turner :whistle:

He’s been announced as retained by Farnborough. Plus I’m sure he lives on Hayling Island so bit of a trek!

13 minutes ago, GlenSTFC said:

The original target was a step 2 keeper but the one we’ve signed is from step 3.

He’s been announced as retained by Farnborough. Plus I’m sure he lives on Hayling Island so bit of a trek!

So the one mentioned at the FF and hadn't told his manager was from step 2 and bottled it 😂

15 hours ago, Reading Rebel said:

So the one mentioned at the FF and hadn't told his manager was from step 2 and bottled it 😂

Could the new one be Sam Beasant? I don't know I'm just guessing.

Posted (edited)
56 minutes ago, 3spirit said:

Could the new one be Sam Beasant? I don't know I'm just guessing.

Looking at the clubs at step 3 the logical keeper does seem to be Sam Beasant from Hanwell Town.

36 with plenty of experience. 

TBH I thought he'd become a bit of a journeyman, have boots will travel sort of keeper but had an excellent season with Hanwell being named players player and supporters player and was nominated and chosen to be in the Southern premier team of the season.

Edited by Reading Rebel

On 01/06/2024 at 18:03, Reading Rebel said:

I would say the other way round.

We are looking for a midfielder to replace Munashe Sundire so even though he's a lot older Ashley Lodge might have fit the bill.

On the other hand Joe Grant is a right winger which would have given us 3 with Gary Abisogun and Oggy so maybe a position that isn't on our shopping list.

Does a right winger who scores goals have to play on the right wing?

Different player Ashley Lodge to Munashe Sundire while it wouldn't be impossible to change them for each other, I think we need a stronger element added to midfield to replace Munashe.

1 hour ago, Irishadrian said:

It was a year ago yesterday that Sam was introduced by Jon as Beaconsfields new keeper!

And strangely left Beaconsfield early on in the season.

By Sam Beasants own admission he didn't know why he wasn't wanted at Beaconsfield.

Posted (edited)

New signing Sam Evans from Hanwell Town on a 2 year contract.

6' 3'' striker highly thought of at Hanwell.

Because of his age and being offered a new contract it looks like we've had to pay a fee for him.

Sam should provide some great competition up front.

Edited by Reading Rebel

7 minutes ago, Reading Rebel said:

Because of his age and being offered a new contract it looks like we've had to pay a fee for him.

6’3”? This will brighten up one of our pessimistic about the coming season fans!

8 minutes ago, Reading Rebel said:

Surprised about the 2 year contract, although if other clubs were interested and after losing our top players recently maybe this is a good idea. Looking forward to seeing him play.

13 minutes ago, GlenSTFC said:

6’3”? This will brighten up one of our pessimistic about the coming season fans!

Surprised about the 2 year contract, although if other clubs were interested and after losing our top players recently maybe this is a good idea. Looking forward to seeing him play.

Possibly the first player we've put on a 2 year contract?

No doubt Hanwell have a sell on clause.

1 hour ago, Reading Rebel said:

And strangely left Beaconsfield early on in the season.

By Sam Beasants own admission he didn't know why he wasn't wanted at Beaconsfield.

Didn't realise he's  6' 5"  we could certainly use a keeper who commands/ dominates his box!

I haven’t seen Sam Evans play but on paper looks like a good signing….. scored 16 goals for a struggling side that avoided relegation on the last day of the season.

It will probably take him a while to adjust to the higher level, as it did with Nathan Minhas, but I’m hoping at only 21 he will progress immensely over the next two seasons.

I also think it’s great that the owners are backing Scott, and possibly learning from last season, by putting him on a two year contract.

Things are shaping up & I’m looking forward to hearing who the new goalkeeper is, and hopefully Matt Lench staying with us.

On 02/06/2024 at 13:45, 3spirit said:

Sam is a cracking player, young and knows where the goal is. Saw him play originally for Bedfont a few times and then again for Hanwell last season as well. For me, the key is that he offers something different to the other 2 strikers we have. Nathan is a work horse and is a handful for any defenders as he never stops, Slavi has pace to burn, excellent finisher and a turn of skill, Sam adding size and strength along with finishing gives us great options for a 1 or 2 striker formation.

All in all an very good signing.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Curtis said:

I haven’t seen Sam Evans play but on paper looks like a good signing….. scored 16 goals for a struggling side that avoided relegation on the last day of the season.

It will probably take him a while to adjust to the higher level, as it did with Nathan Minhas, but I’m hoping at only 21 he will progress immensely over the next two seasons.

I also think it’s great that the owners are backing Scott, and possibly learning from last season, by putting him on a two year contract.

Things are shaping up & I’m looking forward to hearing who the new goalkeeper is, and hopefully Matt Lench staying with us.

Things are shaping up nicely attack wise but we've still got a lot to do to bolster our defense.

3 absolutely crucial positions still to fill in a goalkeeper, center back and a left back. 

We should find out who will fill at least two of those positions this week. 

Edited by Reading Rebel