Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Players signed, retained, left the club

12 minutes ago, cufcgeneral said:

Think this may be your next signing - Sam Evans from Hanwell https://x.com/hanwelltownfc/status/1797204514199482570?t=HXjqIZGN7s4XIvrFEgUbMA&s=19

Moving to a Step 2 club and it's not us (and unlikely to be Hemel or others nearby)

Correct!

Just now, GlenSTFC said:

Correct!

Btw how do you know for sure it’s not you and why unlikely to be those other clubs? He’s highly rated and sought after apparently.

16 minutes ago, GlenSTFC said:

Correct!

Btw how do you know for sure it’s not you and why unlikely to be those other clubs? He’s highly rated and sought after apparently.

There was something about us being done for the next few weeks, and Hemel gave signed enough strikers recently. Plus a guess based on Scotts previous of picking strikers up from Hanwell make it a good guess

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, cufcgeneral said:

Think this may be your next signing - Sam Evans from Hanwell https://x.com/hanwelltownfc/status/1797204514199482570?t=HXjqIZGN7s4XIvrFEgUbMA&s=19

Moving to a Step 2 club and it's not us (and unlikely to be Hemel or others nearby)

With the Scott Davies connection with Hanwell you could well be right.

Highly rated as a youngster and prolific in the time he's been at Hanwell.

6'4'' as a youngster so a big unit something a lot of fans have been asking for.

The only proviso is that he's a striker/forward and we have just signed one.

Personally if it's him I'd be delighted. 

Edited by Reading Rebel

4 minutes ago, Reading Rebel said:

The only proviso is that he's a striker/forward when we have just signed one.

Gilbert is a bit more of a 10 than a true centre forward. He played against us three times last year at Chesham I think and did stand out (although we did win 2 and draw 1 - Walton could not defend to save their lives 🤣), the one I'm slightly surprised has dropped down a level is Stan Flaherty who I thought would step up like Gilbert has (but Stan has gone to Kingstonian with the rest of the Walton squad)

5 minutes ago, Reading Rebel said:

The only proviso is that he's a striker/forward when we have just signed one.

Relax RR we have signed him! Sam is an actual striker whereas John is more of an attacking midfielder.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, cufcgeneral said:

Gilbert is a bit more of a 10 than a true centre forward. He played against us three times last year at Chesham I think and did stand out (although we did win 2 and draw 1 - Walton could not defend to save their lives 🤣), the one I'm slightly surprised has dropped down a level is Stan Flaherty who I thought would step up like Gilbert has (but Stan has gone to Kingstonian with the rest of the Walton squad)

I've seen videos of Stan Flaherty and he does seem an exceptional talent.

It's obviously the Scott Harris connection that taken him to Kingstonian and probably decent money.

1 hour ago, GlenSTFC said:

Relax RR we have signed him! Sam is an actual striker whereas John is more of an attacking midfielder.

I demand to know your spy in the camp 😅

Edited by Reading Rebel

1 hour ago, cufcgeneral said:

Cufcgeneral, do you know if all your players that were in negotiation have now signed? 

1 hour ago, GlenSTFC said:

Any thoughts on who are new goalkeeper might be?

Mentioned as far back as the fans forum that there was someone who had agreed to sign.

6 minutes ago, Curtis said:

Any thoughts on who are new goalkeeper might be?

Mentioned as far back as the fans forum that there was someone who had agreed to sign.

He’ll be announced this week along with Evans and one other. 

Posted (edited)

IF we do sign Sam Evans a keeper and one other, presuming they are a center back or a left back, that still leaves one short of our priorities for signing.

The keeper is any ones guess but I've been looking at a video of the ex Chesham keeper Zaki Qualah and he does look decent with plenty of experience. Shot stopping and distribution look top notch.

The only thing that says to me it's not him is that why would he leave a just promoted NLS club for another.

Edited by Reading Rebel

15 minutes ago, Reading Rebel said:

IF we do sign Sam Evans a keeper and one other, presuming they are a center back or a left back, that still leaves one short of our priorities for signing.

The keeper is any ones guess but I've been looking at a video of the ex Chesham keeper Zaki Qualah and he does look decent with plenty of experience. Shot stopping and distribution look top notch.

The only thing that says to me it's not him is that why would he leave a just promoted NLS club for another.

It’s not him but… players swap teams in the same division/level all the time? Usually down to wages, club’s ambitions, distance.

22 minutes ago, GlenSTFC said:

He’ll be announced this week along with Evans and one other. 

So the goalkeeper is coming from a Step 3 side as well? I thought he was coming from a step 2 side or did I imagine that?

I may have seen Sam Evans play for Hanwell but don't remember him, as for John Gilbert I know I've never seen him play. Let's hope they can do the biz. On a positive they are both a good age for our team, and hopefully they will fit in well to what Slough currently need [crossing my fingers].

2 minutes ago, Curtis said:

Rhys Forster?

I thought he was staying with Enfield. After all unlikely to come back to Slough after Scott ditched him for the pro loan keepers.

1 hour ago, Reading Rebel said:

Cufcgeneral, do you know if all your players that were in negotiation have now signed? 

No, 2 have left (1 to go full time elsewhere in the league) and the one I think your hoping is available isn't as he's signed 🤣

16 minutes ago, 3spirit said:

I thought he was staying with Enfield. After all unlikely to come back to Slough after Scott ditched him for the pro loan keepers.

He lost his place to Will Dennis, who was exceptional, and immediately went on to play in the Scottish Premiership & has helped Kilmarnock secure a European place for next season.

2 minutes ago, Curtis said:

He lost his place to Will Dennis, who was exceptional, and immediately went on to play in the Scottish Premiership & has helped Kilmarnock secure a European place for next season.

Yes I'm well aware of that.

Would Rhys Forster leave Enfield now they are in NLS too?. You would think he would want to commit to them. I might be wrong [has been known] but he's currently on Enfield's signed up list !