Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Players signed, retained, left the club

2 hours ago, SloughFlyer said:

So, the current squad (and I'm prepared to be corrected if I've missed anyone) is - 

GK

C. Horlock

H. Sorted

DEF

J. Jackman

G. George

D. Bayliss

L. Beeden

J. Prosper

S. Davies

MID

M. Lench

L. Chambers-Parillon

O. Spicer

D. Roth 

J. Gilbert

ATT

S. Spazov

S. Evans

D. Ogbonna

G. Abisogun

J. Ufuah

So that gives us an 18 man squad. Regardless of ability or opportunity, where do we think we need more?

I'd say currently 1 more out and out striking option with the departure of Minhas, an out and out LB for the more defensive formations and possibly 1 more in midfield (although with Prosper and Scott in the squad, it looks like some good cover there for a CDM). All of those for me would be nice additions, but not essential. Seems pretty well balanced with good competition for places. Pre-season will be interesting to see what Scott trys out and who plays where.

Scott’s natural position is midfield so I’d move him. Definitely need a LB and 3rd striker for me. Can’t see us adding any further as that’ll give us a squad of 20 which is plenty. Although if that ‘special’ player becomes available during pre-season then it may be hard to say no!

8 hours ago, SloughFlyer said:

So, the current squad (and I'm prepared to be corrected if I've missed anyone) is - 

GK

C. Horlock

H. Sorted

DEF

J. Jackman

G. George

D. Bayliss

L. Beeden

J. Prosper

S. Davies

MID

M. Lench

L. Chambers-Parillon

O. Spicer

D. Roth 

J. Gilbert

ATT

S. Spazov

S. Evans

D. Ogbonna

G. Abisogun

J. Ufuah

So that gives us an 18 man squad. Regardless of ability or opportunity, where do we think we need more?

I'd say currently 1 more out and out striking option with the departure of Minhas, an out and out LB for the more defensive formations and possibly 1 more in midfield (although with Prosper and Scott in the squad, it looks like some good cover there for a CDM). All of those for me would be nice additions, but not essential. Seems pretty well balanced with good competition for places. Pre-season will be interesting to see what Scott trys out and who plays where.

In defense the only position we're possibly lacking is a defensive minded left back.

In midfield I think we're ok with Jammers and Scott being able to adapt to defense or midfield.

The center forward position could be a problem if one gets injured and with Slavs injury record it's always a possibility.  

Posted (edited)

I'd like to see an older wise head centre half/ left footed defender added to what we have, in the mould of say Mark Nisbet or Dave Woozley, who can play anywhere across the back line. He would also take the workload off Scott Davies for when he is unavailable/injured and wants to view from the sidelines.

Midfield - I think we are adequately covered with the utility type players we have in the squad but up front we look sparse on what is really needed so obviously I'd look for one or two more there.

Edited by 3spirit

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, 3spirit said:

I'd like to see an older wise head centre half/ left footed defender added to what we have, in the mould of say Mark Nisbet or Dave Woozley, who can play anywhere across the back line. He would also take the workload off Scott Davies for when he is unavailable/injured and wants to view from the sidelines.

Midfield - I think we are adequately covered with the utility type players we have in the squad but up front we look sparse on what is really needed so obviously I'd look for one or two more there.

Dan Bayliss is 25 and Lexus is 24.

Whilst both are a good age, they are relatively inexperienced at this level.

This shouldn't be a problem with Scott able to play in the back line if needed to add some experience.

In the striker role we are very much relying on promising young players in Sam and Slav adapting and performing at this level.

Ideally an experienced striker is whats needed but again they don't come cheap.  

This season does look like a season of ifs and maybes with us remaining in the NLS our bottom line objective. 

Edited by Reading Rebel

Posted (edited)

I have to disagree on the striker front...... for me it is almost impossible to keep 3 out and out strikers happy in the formation we like to play, i.e. with the likes of Ogbonna, Gilbert etc on each side of the attacking 3..... why bring a striker in and use budget for a potential bench warmer when you can look at the loan market for that extra cover.....

On the front of experience, Sam had no issues last season stepping up, why not again? also Slav has played NL in the past i believe for Woking, albeit not a huge amount

Left back is an interesting one. I think Gabe has come on leaps and bounds in the past 18 months and held that position for the last 1/3 of the season so can definitely do well there but if someone was available i think we would have to consider. 

Edited by Mark44

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Curtis said:

Unless I have missed it, there hasn’t been any mention of the signing of Henry Ochieng today…. a central defensive midfielder possibly of comparable quality to Munashe Sundire.

Going by his cv possibly a better player.

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, GlenSTFC said:

IMG_6655.png

Personally I think that’s bollocks, we’re not in that top league of payers.

Obviously true 😅

8 minutes ago, GlenSTFC said:

IMG_6655.png

Personally I think that’s bollocks, we’re not in that top league of payers.

Of course it's not true.

It seems more likely to be that we could offer Henry a 2 year contract and Chelmsford couldn't or would'nt.

Edited by Reading Rebel

1 minute ago, Scott Davies said:

😂😂😂 yeah, Henry is moving in with my wife and I…

He lives 45/50 minutes from the stadium, there’s no accommodation involved! Where do people get this from? 

As for the wages, £1300 a week.. to this day, that’s probably the best rumour I’ve ever heard in football. 

Obviously from a gutted Chelmo supporter 😅

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Curtis said:

Was anybody at the match last night?

If so, any thoughts or comments on our new signing Henry, & the ‘trialist’ who scored a goal & picked up an assist?

Curtis you're on the wrong topic.

Try the 'AFC Dunstable' thread.

Edited by Reading Rebel

1 hour ago, Scott Davies said:

😂😂😂 yeah, Henry is moving in with my wife and I…

He lives 45/50 minutes from the stadium, there’s no accommodation involved! Where do people get this from? 

As for the wages, £1300 a week.. to this day, that’s probably the best rumour I’ve ever heard in football. 

The first bit believable 😉

The money bit absolute tosh 😅