Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Players signed, retained, left the club

1 hour ago, Reading Rebel said:

And why have you put down Horlock when as far as we know we haven't signed him.

Has this happened or been announced yet? Or will it be announced Monday if he currently has a contract expiring at the end of this month?

Posted (edited)
On 29/06/2024 at 20:10, SloughFlyer said:

Looks like a very good signing for us. Good pedigree and has played at our level before as well. 

Looking at his size and some videos of his ability on the ball the signing of Lexus looks promising.

As you say he has played at this level before for Darlington and Welling.

Although he only made a handful of appearances for these clubs he was only 20 at the time and now aged 24 he should be a stronger and more experienced player which hopefully should bode well for his time at Slough.

Edited by Reading Rebel

On 27/06/2024 at 22:37, Scott Davies said:

Hi Curtis, Nathan was on a contract but the majority, if not all contracts run from august until april in the NLS, unless clubs choose to pay 52 weeks or they’re full time, so therefore Nathan was out of contract as it’s now June.

Bit wordy but hope it makes sense.

All of our lads that are signing contracts will be signing them within the next few days ahead of this season coming.

The fact he’s over 24 and out of contract means he can turn down our offer and walk away for nothing, whereas if he was under the age of 24 we would be entitled to something.

Hope this helps 👍🏼

Scott any chance you could use Reading contacts to sign Adam Le Fondre ?? He’ll be a good replacement for Minhas 👍👍

On 29/06/2024 at 19:55, GlenSTFC said:

Lexus looks a right beast! Good to hear we beat several clubs in our league for his signature. Certainly has the power and should be a real asset in both boxes.

Absolutely Glen, my sort of player.

Looks ready to go through everything and anything especially with the size of those shoulders. 

53 minutes ago, BFR said:

Goalkeeper alert!

Incoming.........🙌

20 hours ago, Brettski said:

Scott any chance you could use Reading contacts to sign Adam Le Fondre ?? He’ll be a good replacement for Minhas 👍👍

haha what a signing that would be.......

On 01/06/2024 at 11:39, Reading Rebel said:

You're right 3spirit clubs like for example Hemel and Hampton have players who are either surplus or had their nose put out of joint.

We can only presume that Scott has identified players from step 3 or 4 that he thinks are either better or have shown the potential to make the step up and obviously will be cheaper.  

There have been players that have bypassed us to go to clubs further away, i.e. the two players from Bracknell, who I thought could have fitted in with our requirements but that could be all down to who pays the most.

Hopefully we'll soon find out who these players are.

It's looking like a major re-build for Scott this season. He appears to have decided to chance his arm on trying to build a new Slough team with young promising players from leagues below and blending them with the experienced players he has left at our club [himself included]. Quite a brave decision I think, to do it from the off. Perhaps that's why our pre-season friendlies look 'easy rides out' to bring about a winning mentality to this assembled bunch of unknowns.

I'm hoping Slough can pick up a good few wins in the opening two months when it starts for real in our league campaign, as it's looking vital that we do so. 

From this fans perspective it's looking like a 'trial,error and fix accordingly' league campaign. The good thing is we should have some money left in the budget to recruit further as the season wears on [I'm praying ☺️].

Least it feels like a fresh,exciting start to this season than the 'more of the same approach' that some managers have served us in the past. Aptly Gareth Southgate comes to mind ! ha ha !

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, 3spirit said:

It's looking like a major re-build for Scott this season. He appears to have decided to chance his arm on trying to build a new Slough team with young promising players from leagues below and blending them with the experienced players he has left at our club [himself included]. Quite a brave decision I think, to do it from the off. Perhaps that's why our pre-season friendlies look 'easy rides out' to bring about a winning mentality to this assembled bunch of unknowns.

I'm hoping Slough can pick up a good few wins in the opening two months when it starts for real in our league campaign, as it's looking vital that we do so. 

From this fans perspective it's looking like a 'trial,error and fix accordingly' league campaign. The good thing is we should have some money left in the budget to recruit further as the season wears on [I'm praying ☺️].

Least it feels like a fresh,exciting start to this season than the 'more of the same approach' that some managers have served us in the past. Aptly Gareth Southgate comes to mind ! ha ha !

3spirit, I think you've got to factor in the cost of the work being done at AP which could have impacted on the playing budget.

It is a gamble recruiting so many new players from lower divisions but maybe we didn't have any other choice. 

Edited by Reading Rebel

1 hour ago, 3spirit said:

Don't know about "decided to chance his arm". I thought I had read on here that that was to be the Board's policy going forward. 

So, the current squad (and I'm prepared to be corrected if I've missed anyone) is - 

GK

C. Horlock

H. Sorted

DEF

J. Jackman

G. George

D. Bayliss

L. Beeden

J. Prosper

S. Davies

MID

M. Lench

L. Chambers-Parillon

O. Spicer

D. Roth 

J. Gilbert

ATT

S. Spazov

S. Evans

D. Ogbonna

G. Abisogun

J. Ufuah

So that gives us an 18 man squad. Regardless of ability or opportunity, where do we think we need more?

I'd say currently 1 more out and out striking option with the departure of Minhas, an out and out LB for the more defensive formations and possibly 1 more in midfield (although with Prosper and Scott in the squad, it looks like some good cover there for a CDM). All of those for me would be nice additions, but not essential. Seems pretty well balanced with good competition for places. Pre-season will be interesting to see what Scott trys out and who plays where.