Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Players signed, retained, left the club

But didn't Scott say the 'keeper he was targetting hadn't told his manager he was leaving, but the article C'est la Vie posted contradicts that?

39 minutes ago, michaelSTFC said:

But didn't Scott say the 'keeper he was targetting hadn't told his manager he was leaving, but the article C'est la Vie posted contradicts that?

That was a different keeper who we’ve moved on from.

On 08/06/2024 at 10:33, Curtis said:

For those like me that hadn’t seen it, from the Maidenhead Advertiser:-

“We’ve signed a goalkeeper this week, but we need to get the announcement done. The player is on his way back from his honeymoon. That’s good.’

The above was in the Maidenhead Advertiser on 7th June, seems unusual nearly a week & a half later there hasn’t been an official announcement/unveiling…… did this signing not go ahead in the end?

Edited by Curtis

Posted (edited)
On 16/06/2024 at 12:12, Curtis said:

The above was in the Maidenhead Advertiser on 7th June, seems unusual nearly a week & a half later there hasn’t been an official announcement/unveiling…… did this signing not go ahead in the end?

With the time lapse and no communication from the club the deal could have fallen through.

Edited by Reading Rebel

Posted (edited)
On 16/06/2024 at 12:12, Curtis said:

Curtis, it's possible Scott has gone on holiday.

Edited by Reading Rebel

21 minutes ago, Markskelton said:

Guessing the announcement is imminent,a supporter put a picture up on Twitter of a keeper training at Slough with his face scribbled out..just a matter of time I’m guessing.

Unders has been doing pre pre season training at AP and I’m guessing he’s just one of the players participating.

1 hour ago, Markskelton said:

Guessing the announcement is imminent,a supporter put a picture up on Twitter of a keeper training at Slough with his face scribbled out..just a matter of time I’m guessing.

If a keeper has signed why scribble his face out?

All this cloak and dagger stuff from the club is nonsense.

Unless of course we haven't signed a keeper yet.

22 minutes ago, Reading Rebel said:

If a keeper has signed why scribble his face out?

All this cloak and dagger stuff from the club is nonsense.

Unless of course we haven't signed a keeper yet.

Let the poor sod sow his oats on his honeymoon!!! Remember Scott is away too.

There’s absolutely no cloak and dagger stuff from the club, or from myself.

We’ve agreed to sign a couple of players but when we announce them will be when it suits everyone. Players, myself and staff involved (photographer/media team).

Ive been away and got back earlier this week, players have been away/are still away, people have work, so it’s a case of trying to get 5 or 6 people to be available on the same evening which isn’t as straightforward as it may seem!

29 minutes ago, Scott Davies said:

There’s absolutely no cloak and dagger stuff from the club, or from myself.

We’ve agreed to sign a couple of players but when we announce them will be when it suits everyone. Players, myself and staff involved (photographer/media team).

Ive been away and got back earlier this week, players have been away/are still away, people have work, so it’s a case of trying to get 5 or 6 people to be available on the same evening which isn’t as straightforward as it may seem!

I’m guessing the 2 signed will be a goalkeeper and CB. I’d say that’s all the signings for now with a space or two left open for any trialists who impress and any players that become available nearer to the start of the season. 

36 minutes ago, GlenSTFC said:

I’m guessing the 2 signed will be a goalkeeper and CB. I’d say that’s all the signings for now with a space or two left open for any trialists who impress and any players that become available nearer to the start of the season. 

I thought you'd have known that Glen with your 'mole in the camp' 😅